Guidehouse

Guidehouse Employee Reviews

4,0
New employee with a good experience so far... I am a little overqualified for my position but I feel like I am learning nonetheless. Anxious to understand a path to promotion.
Pros
telework
Cons
long houra
1,0
Managers have favorites. Biased from day One. Smile while they ding you for everything. They will fire you for many things. No chance for advancement.
Culture is bad.

You work hard, its never good enough for Managers.

Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad bosses. Bigots. Biased against you. Smile while they fire you.
5,0
Very professional workplace. Great teamwork on the San Juan, Puerto Rico office. I think that we did a great job on the requested work by the client..
● Work-life balance
Not a good place to work.

● Pay & benefits

Pay is low.

● Job security and advancement

Not a stable company. Many quit, many are fired. Not a secure position.

● Management

Poor management

● Culture

Not a good culture. They are ready to hire and fire at all times.

● Overall

Managers play favorites. Always hiring, always firing. You can have good experience, they always have way of saying something negative about you. Encouragement? They smile before fire you.
2,0
Grow up and get structured and start appreciating the professional people around you, not just the yes-little people that you keep surrounding your selves with. Stop being stingy and provide the necessary IT equipment to allow people to do their jobs. No more GOTOMEET, VoIP, it doesn't work, no more dingy little $200 computes that break after one week on the job, with no mouse, no external monitors. Do not assign SME to admin jobs, jut to get more billable hours from your clients.....
5,0
Guide house supports their employees’ professional success. They pay attention to the needs of the employees. I was given contusions education for overall success as a coder. Also no micro managing.
Pros
Free continue education credots
3,0
The benefits are fantastic, the pay is average. Working from home is great as is setting your own schedule (sort of - you pick your start time and then work your 8 hour shift). Not a lot of room for advancement anymore. Care more about the bottom line than their employees now that they are a big company - worked in the healthcare division. Managment is overwhelmed. The coding department is all remote, so not a lot of interaction with other employees. Production standards are quite high.
4,0
This company is overall alright to work for. You will need to be a fast learner, have patience and learn to rely on yourself for figuring out tasks. Management is decent though sometimes frustratingly unavailable if you need questions answered. Typical day at work is trying to get through the set amount of claims a day by making phone calls or using websites. Hardest part of the job is there is a lack of decent communication on how you are actually doing. The most enjoyable part is the fun activities that get scheduled, whether it is cake for birthdays and anniveraries, or the holiday parties.
Pros
Decent wages and benefits, flexible sheduling, ability to work remotely
Cons
Lack of communication, repetitive, quotas
4,0
Navigant is great place to work. Work/life balance is better than expected. Senior management provide extensive mentorship and guidance. I would highly recommend
4,0
I loved working there and loved the people I worked with. Everyone was helpful and we all worked together to get the work done. Great work environment!
2,0
There were SO MANY racists and judgmental individuals. Very uncomfrtable work environments. No one to care for minority black females, and quick to remove individuals who do not agree with methods of operations.
Official response from Guidehouse
3 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Guidehouse. We are constantly working to provide employees with a positive experience, and encourage colleagues to reach out to their direct supervisor, Practice Area Business Manager, or Human Capital Business Partner with any concerns or challenges. We will consider your feedback as we continue to move forward.
3,0
This place is a mess. Cut throat, poor communication, benefits constantly being cut thanks to our new private equity overloards. This place is a shadow compared to its PwC roots.
3,0
A new company take over from previous company. Some changes has taken place. Have to give the new company a fair shot to see how the changes will be implemented. Allow time to show the upcoming changes.
1,0
You put these people in management who have not a clue what they’re doing. The work environment is messy and non -productive. I don’t see this company going far.
3,0
I enjoyed working at Guidehouse and the company has a lot of potential if the management can execute the mission. Great CEO and leader have great relationships in DC.
4,0
Unfortunately my project is a very boring one. That being said, lots of cool stuff happening at the company. Fantastic culture and I suspect this company will be growing quickly for some time to come.
4,0
Working at Guidehouse provided me insight to industry best practices affecting the accounting and auditing practice. I was able to develop my leadership experience by working with teams, collaborating with other core competencies across the firm and reporting to client and firm senior level executives.
3,0
I was an employee of the faction of the company that got sold off before Navigant was acquired by Guidehouse. I have no review as to Guidehouse as I have never been an employee.
4,0
The work environment is professional and very fast passed, hard deadlines, high expectations and competitive environment. You dive and learn yourself as the training is minimal. There is a lack of communication as it is strictly a production environment. Focus is mainly to meet deadline and keep the client happy.
4,0
Everyone has goals they need to meet Each individual has there own departments they are required to work daily. You file resubmit claims that that had changes done, Deal with insurance as to why claim wZ denied and send medical records if needed Take calls from patients and deal with issues
Pros
The comps
3,0
I enjoy coming in to work everyday and completing all my tasks for the day. I am able to show fellow employees new things and learn new stuff all the time.