Guidehouse

Guidehouse Employee Reviews in New York, NY

New York, NY36 reviews
3,0
Great company culture. A lot of opportunity to grow. A lot of client focused work. Most of the times you are working from client site. A lot of flexibility for work schedules.
2,0
Below average compensation, lack of upward mobility and opportunity. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
1,0
All existing C-Suite management is gone. Nobody knows what is currently happening.
Avoid this place at all costs -- although they probably aren't hiring anyway.
1,0
Everybody is out for themselves at this company. Most people there are not subject matter experts on the work they are doing. This is a machine built to stack up billables against their client and will throw inexperienced warm bodies at a client to get a bigger check.
1,0
I was an AML Consultant for Navigant. The group that I was in was managed very poorly. Very hierarchical structure that discouraged feedback or criticism. Employees do not feel safe to speak their mind without being accused of insubordination. People in management positions appear to lack basic people skills. Management fostered an environment that was filled with back stabbing. Employees are encouraged to advance themselves by putting down others.
4,0
a very open and interactive environment.
peer to peer collaboration is robust.

a good environment to learn and develop new skills

a bit demanding and overwhelming.
4,0
Nice working environment and ambitious colleagues
The director motivates people and he can remember everyone' s name, address and sometimes joking with you
3,0
Very high-stress environment. Not a lot of work-life balance. Extremely difficult client makes the working environment tense. Amazing coworkers, but management is very out of touch.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
work-life balance
4,0
Good place to start a career in compliance, learn a lot of subject matter expertise from fellow colleagues and managers, and while the learning curve can be steep it is a respected place to be within the industry.
5,0
Very professional place to work. The team members are focused and helpful in getting team members up to speed on their own tasks. Great place to start up and advance your career.
Pros
Training, helpful staff
Cons
pay isn't up to competitive level
4,0
Great place to work but have a tremendous problem integrating companies they have bought. They recently sold off a very large very profitable part of their business due to activist investor.
4,0
work was different everyday and allowed for learning new aspects within the industry of AML. Great work culture and the people you work with are top tier professionals.
3,0
Great start if you are really sure this is what you want to do. Very friendly work environment. Smart colleagues. Full autonomy to execute on projects.
3,0
Plenty of opportunity to learn - but the firm itself need to innovate in order to compete against other consulting firms. Please use your capital to build up its digital and technological capability.
3,0
I believe Navigant taught me a lot about consulting but not much about how to be a better admin. I believe the people generally want the best for you.
3,0
You will build a lot of technical knowledge and learn the ins and outs of the corporate culture. Navigant is a good place for a young worker to start, but the career advances and other benefits become very limited as your skill sets expand.
Pros
Growth of technical skills, happy hours, decent vacation time
Cons
Lower pay, disconnect between management and consultants, lack of growth, quiet/ uninviting work environment
4,0
I met some of the greatest people I have worked with during my time at Navigant. They stress a culture of inclusivity and respect each other's personal needs and work-life balance. Compensation was competitive with other offers I received -- they strongly value advanced degrees.

There has been a lot of senior leadership turnover and a misalignment between sales-driven leadership and utilization-driven consultants. Coupled with a hiring spree, many more junior staff are underutilized and do not received the experience they need to continue advancing. However, leadership has recognized this is at no fault of consultants.
4,0
Developed, performed and supervised detailed financial, accounting, economic and statistical analyses while directing, reviewing and developing computer models including complex database and spreadsheet analyses
4,0
Navigant is a good company and I left the financial services industry to become a consultant after being in custody banking for over 20 years. The financial services practice at Navigant outside of a couple of large clients didn't really have a product or service to offer clients. In many cases I created my own product offerings such as technology outsourcing and client on-boarding programs.

After a year at being at the firm, I yielded a great deal of success acting as a subject matter expert for Navigant's Disputes and Investigations Practice (D&I). The D&I Practice often went outside the firm in search of experts that could help with custody banking or corporate trust opportunities. In my case the sub practice I was part of which was the investment management practice dissolved and I formed my own company.

Navigant's D&I Practice actually became my first client and I was quite successful but this opportunity came at the wrong time in my life as I have 2 teenage children and I am single parent.
Pros
Encouraged creativity
Cons
In my case not well known in the financial services space
3,0
Tiny shop with not much brand recognition. Culture does not exist. Does not feel like a team environment. Hours were easy and work was not that challenging.
5,0
I really have not worked at the company long enough to say much. Everyone has been welcoming and there appears to be a lot of interesting projects. Time will tell.