Guidehouse

Guidehouse Employee Reviews for Consultant

Consultant22 reviews
4,0
Navigant is great place to work. Work/life balance is better than expected. Senior management provide extensive mentorship and guidance. I would highly recommend
2,0
Below average compensation, lack of upward mobility and opportunity. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
1,0
Some teams have a blast, it depends on the partner you get. I was on an engagement where they offered 0 value to the client. It was all pretend deliverables and regurgitating material that was already produced by the client. The client asked Guidehouse to leave. On the next engagement, people worked 11 hour days and I felt like being a slave. Partner I had had a very viscous manager
1,0
Everybody is out for themselves at this company. Most people there are not subject matter experts on the work they are doing. This is a machine built to stack up billables against their client and will throw inexperienced warm bodies at a client to get a bigger check.
3,0
Very high-stress environment. Not a lot of work-life balance. Extremely difficult client makes the working environment tense. Amazing coworkers, but management is very out of touch.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
work-life balance
5,0
Great culture, people and fun work. Much more diverse than competitors and they pride themselves on their people. Great managerial staff and visibility to the CEO
4,0
Good place to start a career in compliance, learn a lot of subject matter expertise from fellow colleagues and managers, and while the learning curve can be steep it is a respected place to be within the industry.
5,0
Job: If you are looking to make a difference and create impact than this is a great place for you, because management will support your ideas and help foster your career growth. They are all highly skilled professionals and understand the path to success.

Comp: Fair to what you put in. If you help bring in a lot of new opportunities, then you may get paid higher. If you are there to just work then you will probably be getting your base.

Advancement: Company has a lot of clients and a lot of different opprotunities and will require a lot of skill sets. As a highly motivated professional, I keep my certifications active and always seek to learn new technologies. People will be very open about introducing you to others people/management. So don't be shy!

Culture: Best company I've worked for so far. Great place to explore different industries. Once you established something wonderful, those coworkers will be people who support you and your career in the long run.

Communication: Wonderful communication from management and CEO. CEO sends out weekly/bi-weekly messages to everyone regarding current news, upcoming changes, and/or puts out fire. Overall, leadership really cares about the people and will share/be transparent as much as they are legally allowed. This isn't something to be taken advantage of, therefore you will always feel like you are part of the company.
Pros
People
Cons
Salary can be higher (but that is how I feel everywhere I work)
3,0
Great start if you are really sure this is what you want to do. Very friendly work environment. Smart colleagues. Full autonomy to execute on projects.
3,0
The company provided a safe and comfortable place to learn. Hours and work/life balance depend on team and project, with significant swings. The office culture was fun.
Pros
office culture
Cons
varied experience based on project
4,0
This job was very fast paced and required a lot of learning on the job. I would recommend it but you need to know what you are getting into before working here.
3,0
Tiny shop with not much brand recognition. Culture does not exist. Does not feel like a team environment. Hours were easy and work was not that challenging.
5,0
I really have not worked at the company long enough to say much. Everyone has been welcoming and there appears to be a lot of interesting projects. Time will tell.
2,0
We don't do much all day, just chill. I leaave work all the time, to have fun and no one calls me out. I have not learned anything since starting, which is the main reason I want out.
Pros
Slow
Cons
No learning
5,0
GREAT COMPANY. Love working here. Great work life balance and excellent compensation. Work hours can get a little long but otherwise, great company
3,0
Work is dependent on clients, so security can be less than ideal, but that's the nature of consulting. Good people, good pay, great support when traveling. Work was a great learning experience.
3,0
Your experience will vary greatly depending on the project and mangers you interact with. In the healthcare team, there appears to be a lack of interest in growing talent. Many consultants become frustrated or fed up with the lack of resources and move on to better firms.
Pros
You may be given more responsibility
Cons
Without the appropriate compensation, direction, or resources.
4,0
Reviewed loans as consultant. Training was extensive, and management let us do our work and did not get in the way.
5,0
very friendly environment, helpful co-workers, well managed, long hours
Mortgages
Compliance Audits

Bankruptcies

Friendly Staff
4,0
Ambitious young workforce that is passionate about solving problems and pleasing the clientele.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guidehouse. Our community is ready to answer.
3,4