Guidehouse

Guidehouse Employee Reviews for Patient Accounts Representative

Patient Accounts Representative38 reviews
4,0
Lovely office, some great team members, but also some management/supervisors who, though great at the core job, are not so great as leaders. There can be a bit of a toxic environment due to the leadership.
1,0
Managers have favorites. Biased from day One. Smile while they ding you for everything. They will fire you for many things. No chance for advancement.
Culture is bad.

You work hard, its never good enough for Managers.

Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad bosses. Bigots. Biased against you. Smile while they fire you.
● Work-life balance
Not a good place to work.

● Pay & benefits

Pay is low.

● Job security and advancement

Not a stable company. Many quit, many are fired. Not a secure position.

● Management

Poor management

● Culture

Not a good culture. They are ready to hire and fire at all times.

● Overall

Managers play favorites. Always hiring, always firing. You can have good experience, they always have way of saying something negative about you. Encouragement? They smile before fire you.
1,0
You put these people in management who have not a clue what they’re doing. The work environment is messy and non -productive. I don’t see this company going far.
2,0
This paid very well which is why I stuck around for as long as I did. The training was confusing and unorganized. I was trained for three different departments and was ridiculed when I became confused or crossed methods between the three areas. Did not work with my school schedule and wanted people to come in on weekends.
1,0
This company puts money figures before the well mental being and success of their employees. The office is full of drama, gossip and rumor which management not only overlooks but partakes. There is no emotional or physical support from upper management and issues get tossed to the side.
2,0
Poor training and management. Training is basic. Project training is inconsistent. Management is inconsistent. Poor communication. No integrity or loyalty. Very little opportunity to advance. Lowest moral out of any employer I have ever worked for.
2,0
I had high hopes when I started at Navigant, but they've rapidly come crashing down. The pay and benefits are great, but the leadership is poor.

On the team I'm on, no one is meeting productivity, but instead of realizing that if no one can meet productivity, there must be something wrong, their solution is just to yell at everyone and tell them to meet productivity or else. If it was just one or two people having issues, I can understand that, but when everyone is struggling, that should be a red flag that something in the process is broken. They don't understand that just telling people to do something without offering help isn't the right way of leadership. True leaders try to find solutions to help their teams succeed instead of placing blame and saying they're too busy to help.

Another problem I've found with Navigant, at my location at least, is they don't tolerate disagreement. If you don't agree with leadership or have the guts to stand up to them, they will do everything they can to get rid of you, which to me, is a shame. True leaders should reflect on criticism and disagreements and find ways to learn from them and be better because of them. Just getting rid of someone for speaking up is childish and does not foster the innovative, supporting culture that Navigant headquarters claims to promote. I'm not saying leadership should put up with bullies or disrespectful people, but when your employees approach you with concerns and express them in respectful ways, they shouldn't be punished or have leaders looking for ways to fire them.

Navigant has the potential
 - more...
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Work-site Leadership, Bad Training Methods
2,0
I like working there as I made great connections, but they micromanage you and have cameras everywhere. Feels like jail (never been) if I'd ever been there. The management are all snakes and you don't know from moment to moment if you job is secure. They have no bonus structure for AR reps they give you stupid parties for bounces. parties and cakes
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Ulcers
5,0
I would highly recommend this job to anyone. I learned a lot and the co-workers and supervisors were all helpful. I left so that I could get a better job close to my home.
4,0
I enjoyed my time with Naviagnt Cymetrix as the company within all it's different divisions has a strong employee focus on work/life balance and emphasizes good community relations.
5,0
I loved working here. I had a problem with my team lead at one point and the manager moved me to another team. There is one upper management person there that is less than pleasant but I loved the job and the events they held for employees
Pros
Fun work environment benefits
Cons
One manager
1,0
You shouldn't have to feel like you're going to get fired everyday. Last year they laid people off. Management is overloaded with work and gives work to other reps. You can't go to HR for anything because they will take the supervisor's side. Not to mention that some projects are very disorganized. One person tells you one thing and another one tells you something totally different. Starting pay is great but don't expect to ever get a great raise here. If you want to move to the insurance department you have to get an interview first and it's considered a lateral move to them. You would figure they would pay you more, but they don't. You get trained for the main system the company uses but once you get out on the floor it's a totally different story. Seems like they only care about the amount of money you collect. Hence, this is not a collection agency. They do no offer bonuses for collecting money. You're not allowed to eat on the floor because they found a rat once. You're not allowed to have your cell phone out on the floor as well. Yet, management is always doing both of these things. They get on to you about productivity if you don't meet their "expectations" yet, there's some days where you prob get 30 calls a day. They have leads as well to help out, most of them were helpful with the exception of a few that are very unprofessional and will make faces when you ask for assistance and are very rude about helping you with someone. Only here because this job helps with my bills, but other than that I have nothing good to say about this company. I'm currently looking for - more...
3,0
No real clear direction when I started. Jumped in and had to figure out what to do with claims. There is no flex time at all. No cell phones. Management is constantly checking what you are doing. No talking to team members at there desk. My work is done correctly yet questioned. Must meet productivity. It’s a paycheck. Show up on time, meet your productivity, don’t talk to anyone and pass quality and you will have no problem. No advancement opportunity that I’ve seen and it looks like management is over worked. They are there more than 8 hours a day. Very strict environment.
Benefits
Cons
Very strict
4,0
would like to relocate no additional comments are needed at this time any further comments will need to be approached by corporate office at this time my sole concern is to relocate to a different area
Pros
lunch time
Cons
break time
1,0
Management is terrible. They pass their work onto other people. They make up rules to try and give you points or write ups. You are walking on eggshells every day because you never know if you will be the next one fired. There is no room for advancement. Favoritism. Hr backs management no matter what.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security.
2,0
It is an ok company to work for but they have just began or taken over certain jobs within the medical field. Management has no structure therefore employees have no guidance or support. The pay is ok but since the task are new to the company the policies and procedures of carrying out daily tasks proves impossible.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, lack of structure
4,0
So this place has various projects led by various manager so everyone's experience will differ. As someone who was moved around possibly the most amount of times I worked with good managers and bad ones. But overall the people are nice, the coffee is free, and benefits are good.
Pros
great benefits and pto
Cons
some managers are not so good, lots of favoritism
1,0
This is legitimately the worst company I have ever worked for. The management is horrible. There are all out for themselves and will lie to get what they need. They have no idea what they are doing and have other people do their work for them. The management is so disorganized and everything is a popularity contest. No matter how good your work is, if you aren't friends with the right people, you will never get a promotion. They do not pay you enough to deal with the stuff you do everyday. HR is a joke, they are supposed to advocate for the employee and all they did was turn again employees. HR backed managers and stab employees in the back. You walk into work everyday feeling like you were going to get fired. I have never HATED a job so much in my life. The management made life miserable.
3,0
I appreciate the opportunity that the company gave me to play the position of Patient Account Representative, but the Administration is bad, there is no order to develop the work to perform
2,0
I like what I do at Navigant, but not necessarily, who I work for. As soon as someone gets promoted they forget where they started and the people under them become less important. Seems like people become less about the people and more title driven and money hungry. To advance there you really have to become one of the higher ups pet and once you are in with them they will groom you.
Pros
hours
Cons
the drama