Here to help
Coronavirus update

HP Employee Reviews

South Africa34 reviews
3,0
fun with culture, team players, always there for you when you need support. HP SHOP learns you about values and honesty and product knowledge, love to serve
Pros
month end lunches
Cons
decent hours
5,0
good employer, canteen onsite, travel was good, good benefits, fair business practice, nice working environment, good office location, promotion possibilities
4,0
HP / HPE did not have a typical day at work which is why I enjoyed my stay at the company. Some days would be quiet and others would require 24/7 dedication to completing customer requirements such as proposals, cost models,etc. to meet deadlines set by clients.
Management typically were involved in assisting when needed. Thoughout my tenure at HP/HPE, management, whether middle or executive level were very approachable.

The company culture was work hard and play hard. Everyone required to collaborate to create customer proposals, implement solutions or other submissions, were generally available.

The most difficult part was being a part of the company's sell-off and downsizing period as this affected company morale negatively.
5,0
HP offers the right environment which is set for personal growth. Training are regularly offered. Seminars are available. Managers are trained to help on developing the skills of their reports.
5,0
They create a positive environment for employees to work in. It is a fun place to work whilst developing and growing in your career. I absolutely loved working for HP
5,0
The organisational culture is of such a nature where one can develop your personal skills with a good underlying support structure from team members as well as management.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
N/a
3,0
I learnt how to speak to customers professionally as well as gain necessary computer literacy that I believe will help me in my future job opportunities.
Pros
Lunch was a hour long.
Cons
Overtime was common
5,0
I did not work for HP but for an events agency that served HP.

This was a 3 month internship. We executed various events and launched 2 new products whilst I was there:

A3

Sprocket

I enjoyed putting the launches together and being there on the day. HP products are innovative, good quality and very much in tune with what business and consumers are looking for.
5,0
As an outsourced vendor working for Singapore Exchange account, my team was responsibe for the day to day availability of the trading platform. At end of the day, the team processed the backoffice batch jobs and printed all the contracts done for the bought and sold transactions done for the day. This process had to be completed within the given time frame before the starting up of trading system for the next day. The team also managed the call centre with the users being mostly from the broking firms and vendors. My team members were all like my second family as I spent more time at work than home. On top of managing the team of operators, I was also the scheduler to update the batch jobs in the job automation system. For this role, I worked closely with the system analyst and application support.. Work was enjoyable as I had the opportunity to work with selfless individuals.
Pros
Work was fun as team all worked as one.
Cons
Unfortunate that all had to end when the contract with SGX was not extended after the 5 years.
4,0
As multinational companies go, HP was typical, offering satisfactory benefits and the management style was professional, with
the opportunity for advancement
4,0
I loved to work as a promoter. I love helping customers and teaching them about new products. I have a passion for sales. I had to b familiar with different types of printers and cartilage.
Pros
No free luncj
Cons
5 hours a day
4,0
I was impressed by the work ethic of people in this company. Very professional and organized. I could say that technically they were also very strong. Unfortunately I did not spend a long time in this company in order to make a fair assessment of what is like to work here.
4,0
This company is just excellent, organised, safe and friendly working environment. It provide growth and opportunities. It get extremely busy sometimes but if you are committed, you survive. I have improved my customer servicing skills, computer skills and how to solve complex problems. The hardest part was the working hours, having to knock off at 8pm. Overall I have enjoyed everything, mostly the customer assisting part, laptops and printer troubleshooting.
Pros
We get free lunches in most fridays
Cons
Working are fine, just sometimes transport problems when we knock off late.
5,0
Samtaler med kund på telephone, hjälpade de. Utskrift nya kundservice kontrakter. Träna nya arbetskamrater på nya programmet. Hjäpade chef på fel reporta i programmet
able to work from home
learned every new system relevant to my job with in house training

had a good relationship with my manager

my co-workers were based in Bucharest & Morocco as well as Johannesburg
4,0
Decent company to work for ,good management at lower levels

but in the end typical US company where profit and upper management rule the roost
1,0
HP is an international company, We are currently doing the invoicing for our client Procter & Gamble.

A day at the office is well started with all work prepared and done with ease,

The workers at HP front office are laid back, and abuse the clients resources.
Pros
Hours are Flexible
Cons
No physical interaction from HR with team players for advancement.
2,0
HP has given me the opportunity educating myself. Working in a team environment, assisted me in excelling. I had the privilege to work with responsible individuals who work well in a team setup.

I've learned a lot working at HP, encouraging me to further my education.

I've achieved my PMI certification.
Pros
Stable work environment
Cons
Salaries have stagnated and we didn't keep up with the industry
4,0
IBM environment was cold, old and very conservative. Benefits and salary was okay and they could use a better job work life balance program mes.
Lack of management involvement.
2,0
HP is in the middle of a change. It has been focused on selling for too long and lost pace of the industry pioneers. It is now building up a new strategy to find a better place in the IT industry map.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
lacked coordination to execute
3,0
In dieser Position habe ich gelernt grosse Kunden Territory¨s zu verwalten & mit den Partner/ Distri eine gute Business Beziehung aufzubauen und aufrecht zu erhalten.
Pros
Internationale Umgebung
Cons
überstunden werden nicht zusätzlich ausgezahlt