HP Employee Review

best place to be and to work

17 June 2017
This company is just excellent, organised, safe and friendly working environment. It provide growth and opportunities. It get extremely busy sometimes but if you are committed, you survive. I have improved my customer servicing skills, computer skills and how to solve complex problems. The hardest part was the working hours, having to knock off at 8pm. Overall I have enjoyed everything, mostly the customer assisting part, laptops and printer troubleshooting.
3,0
5,0
4,0
Pros
We get free lunches in most fridays
Cons
Working are fine, just sometimes transport problems when we knock off late.
19 March 2020
Same location
Project Manager (Former Employee) - Sandton, South Africa
HP / HPE did not have a typical day at work which is why I enjoyed my stay at the company. Some days would be quiet and others would require 24/7 dedication to completing customer requirements such as proposals, cost models,etc. to meet deadlines set by clients.
Management typically were involved in assisting when needed. Thoughout my tenure at HP/HPE, management, whether middle or executive level were very approachable.

The company culture was work hard and play hard. Everyone required to collaborate to create customer proposals, implement solutions or other submissions, were generally available.

The most difficult part was being a part of the company's sell-off and downsizing period as this affected company morale negatively.
1,0
2 January 2016
Same location
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) - Sandton Towers
HP is an international company, We are currently doing the invoicing for our client Procter & Gamble.

A day at the office is well started with all work prepared and done with ease,

The workers at HP front office are laid back, and abuse the clients resources.
Pros
Hours are Flexible
Cons
No physical interaction from HR with team players for advancement.
20 July 2020
Service Engineer (Former Employee) - Gauteng, Gauteng
Professional service offered. Most were willing to go the extra mile. At the start of employment, company had a very human and trusting environment, many made sacrifices out of loyalty to company and customers. Resulting in good relationships formed and business advancement on both sides. With the change in economy and ownership, the company culture turned strongly to being profit driven. Enjoyment came out of trust that as a professional you would get the job done and finding practical solutions for issues with machinery. Negatives are that the production environment places excessive pressure on you, and customer demands become unrealistic under present financial climate.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Long days, late evenings, complex machinery