HP Employee Reviews

Professional service offered. Most were willing to go the extra mile. At the start of employment, company had a very human and trusting environment, many made sacrifices out of loyalty to company and customers. Resulting in good relationships formed and business advancement on both sides. With the change in economy and ownership, the company culture turned strongly to being profit driven. Enjoyment came out of trust that as a professional you would get the job done and finding practical solutions for issues with machinery. Negatives are that the production environment places excessive pressure on you, and customer demands become unrealistic under present financial climate.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Long days, late evenings, complex machinery
In dieser Position habe ich gelernt grosse Kunden Territory¨s zu verwalten & mit den Partner/ Distri eine gute Business Beziehung aufzubauen und aufrecht zu erhalten.
Pros
Internationale Umgebung
Cons
überstunden werden nicht zusätzlich ausgezahlt
On top of my day to day duties, I assisted the different departments in adhoc duties It was a very mature environment to work in. I enjoyed to streamline processes and making painful process quite enjoyable to adhere to
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Retrenchment
Day would start at 6am, checking the previous days stats and goin the daily report. I was able to grow from an agent to help desk manager We had great colleagues and we were like a family I think the hardest part was sometimes meeting the clients needs on impossible deadlines etc. I enjoyed the fact that we worked 9hr days and were off every 2nd friday. You can get to do alot on your off day.
Pros
Company perks and flexi hours
Cons
We bound to contracts
Good to work for. Learning possibility. Projects was a plus point. learned a lot. Co workers was friendly and helpful management was people and family orientated.
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
I enjoyed working there everyday I have learnt a lot Management was ok I enjoyed working with my co-workers they made you want to be there everyday There was no hard part I enjoyed my job Dealing with new challenges
Pros
monthly free lunch
Cons
not sure
As coming from other type of company took me quite time to understand the thinking through of the HP in RSA. Learned to have other thinking clear. The way I used to work in previous company is not valued in the new company. We use to strive to satisfy clients, now we just need to do what we are contracted for. We lost connection to clients and lost all one by one. As group we did not got any new client. I enjoy connectivity (company 3G card, petrol card, car allowances) finally the salary was quite good. Hardest part of the job was to understand my position to make HP better and more competitatve
Pros
close to my home
Cons
far from my abilites to serve a client
a typical day would be driving to different places as well as maintaining the storeroom. I have learned alot about multitasking Management didnt always realise I cant be two places at once. Got along with co-workers. Most enjoyable part was taking home enough money to cover my bills.
Pros
bonus was good, and overtime
Cons
long hours of driving
* A days with the Client meetings gathering the requirements, and perform the GAP Analysis. * I learnt team managing skills, development strategies, Deliver defect free solutions. * A very happy place to work with.. we work together as family. * When i was asked to work on SAP Supplier Network collaboration ( A new dimensional product of SAP ) * Love the way we deliver the requirements.
Hi there My everyday responsibility at this role was to support an international mining client. I was the Senior Network Engineer to maintain all sites in regions of Africa /Middle east and Asia.My daily responsibility was that of requirements stage ,design Stage ,Implementation stage and handover to GNOC . I was technical team leader and manager all other engineers in my team like Wan acceleration engineer ,proxy engineer,Voice etc. My specialty was that of Wireless ,Routing , Switching and my management skill set All reporting was transparent and reported across the line from engineering to exec level. The hardest part of job was traveling across the world all the time and also operational challenges ,where engineers in gnoc could nto solve issues and I had to step in and assist and solve the issues,besides from my responsibilities. The most incredible part was with with great people and great engineers i worked with and ,the different culture and languages .truly an amazing experiences.
Pros
great company to work 4, worked from Home full time
Cons
Imexperienced Project managers at HP
Going out attend eventsMeet ClientsMarket latest Laptops
Pros
free lunches
Cons
8 hours
HP provides flexible hours , with the ability to work from home when needed .I have learnt a lot from the company and have been able to conduct nyself in a productive professional manner on all levels.My co workers/team are all very responsible and caring , always willing to assist in line with HP`s policies and procedures.The hardest part of the job is sometimes to find solutions for highly technical queries, but then our global teams of experts are always willing and ready to assist.The most enjoyable is that we interact with people from al walks of life and on every level.
Pros
team building excursions
Cons
at times we work really long hours and have meeting as all hours of the day.
Great place to work, with good people all around.Only problem is too many changes at the top and structural instability.
Pros
great people and pe management is wonderful.
Cons
job security and too many changes.
Working hours 08h00 - 16h30 ( occasional work after hours )Information Systems & ServicesExcellent work together as 1 teamExcellent work together as 1 teamProjects and delaysComing to work and loving what I do knowing the cusomer is happy
Pros
gmsa / hp currently provides a bursary, for my son doing his 1st yr of 4 yr diploma, in sports psychology
Cons
retrenchment
My day today duties includes and not limited to End User Support and Trainer, Systems Support, Software & Hardware Support, Applications Support, Remote Support, communications equipment (digital & IP phones), tablets (ex. iPad’s), smart phones (ex. Blackberry’s, iPhone’s, Android’s), Network Administration, Remote Support, Network Management,Maintanance and troubleshooting, Field Support, Computers and Network Installations, Server Monitoring, Reporter and Administrator. I have learned so many things since getting into the field. I work well with people and I always learn from them so to enhence my skills. I haven't met the hardest part of my job yet, as i always attack it with I can do attitute. I enjoy everything about my job since I have a flair for technology.
Pros
free lunches