Harmony Gold Mine

Harmony Gold Mine Employee Reviews

The Harmony Gold Mine is a productive mine, yes, but more stressful as you are forced to a bonus system for you to perform, to reach your target. We do long hours most of the times....

Poor working condition

Only desperate job seekers would like to work in that particular mine.i think it is ideally for those who are starting to work in the mine, and those closer to retirement.

It is always rewarding to work at Harmony especially when coming to renumerations and bonus rewards are pleasant. Harmony is a stable Company with a fair treatment among employees. Harmony takes care of community around with skills developments program by sending students to Wits University to have careers in mining studies.

Pros

Meal interval allowance

Cons

Reasonable hours

Productive and challenging

Productive and fun to work with them, so much rewards. It's a company that has more opportunities for people who want to work in Mines, engineering study.

Pros

Drink and shaje

Cons

45hrs per week

Sort of an area where employees express their skills and talents.

My review about this company it's a kind of a workplace that is as a person you have to show some good quality attitude behaviour. Your character is also key.

Cons

Great company to work for.

Productive daily challenge Keeping people positive and productively Learning new things daily. Management assistance great Planning planing planing Budget xontrol Daily feed back

Working at the mine haso thought me a lot through a short time I spend there. Love the working hours . The personal and the team we work with was of top excellent.

A typical day at work

A typical day at work would be to start at 6 o'clock, do the designated work that was put out, and go home at 3 o'clock. The hardest part of the job would be to repair cables, ect during the day, and it would be stolen at night.

Harmony is a good company it takes care of their employees

Harmony can just secure the hiring procedure. They making sure that their employees are working under safe conditions and they don't compromise when it comes to safety.

It was great working at harmony gold mine because they work like a family

I had the great time working at harmony gold mine but unfortunately it was not my place to stay. I had a good relationship with my coordinator and he really like my work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harmony Gold Mine?

Very challenging and more experience.

It was a pleasure working at Harmony Gold. The management and staff were very proffessional and helpful. I gained a lot of experience on site and in the office and my confidence also increased. I managed to complete my Work Integrated Learning and graduated. Unfoetunately my contract ended at the end of 2017 but I would love to work there again in future.

It is not simple to get job of your qualification

If anybody can be allowed to study at the field of his choice through financial assistance and if workers can be allowed to raise their views. Most of miners,shift bosses and other positions are occupied by people who paid bribery and selling their bodies in exchange for better jobs.

Good

Problem solving,hard working , disciplined and team player is required to work at HGM .It is a great company to work for and have good benefits . Growing entity and development in your career is guaranteed.

I am a dedicated person who can handle pressure

I am a miner with 12 years working experience for both covintional and development mining.I have been trained for a Shift C Boss job as well.I was blasting panels and safely achieving my targets.

Workplace

Great place to work and best remuneration structure Fun and fast paced Study assistance and bonuses Only draw back is job security due to retrenchment

Productive and Challenging

Every morning at 06h15am I start the day by going to the Self Managed Team Meeting which comprises of every employee and Every Level Of Plant Management. we preview what was planned yesterday with regards to production targets, safety and breakdowns if the objectives were met or not,and we also get feedback from the Shifstman and Artisans about the current condition of the Plant. from the Meeting I get to the office and write the production report, and follow-up on the new breakdowns if they have been attended to. later in the day I generate new orders for the items needed on site and also make a follow up with suppliers. I learned a lot about leadership and how to handle employee behavior. The management is supportive and willing to see you as an employee achieve your personal endeavors. the work culture is lively such that every Thursday we have a safety meeting were all the employees attend and it is a platform for anyone to ask whatever question and jokes are made as part of the meeting. The hardest part of the Job is to correct an employee who believes that they are always right. The most enjoyable part of the Job is to achieve the Planned Volumes safely at the lowest sustainable costs.

Pros

bring your own lunch

Cons

8-10hours

productive

Harmony is a productive mine and nice to work for the plants is also nice and harmony has nice bonuses its just some shafts the people make the workplaces not nice

Ideal Employer for me

Its and environment where you are allowed to thrive, learn, and be an independent thinker. No sinlge day is the same and everyday you gain eperience about how to do your job more EFFICIENTLY

Am a hard worker and dedicated person

Electrician is responsible for providing specialised engineering service to production teams by installing and maintaining electrical equipment and machinery.

Relatively safe work environment

The job involves a risk of harm that is very high and there is no security over safety. I have learned to work in teams and at times take the Leadership position. Exposure to extensive heat is a disadvantage but the relationships built in the workplace are for life.

My review in Harmony is safety and production

I worked for harmony all most 13yrs.i end up working as a developer.harmony is a good campany in terms of sefty production and it's salaries.harmony is like home of richness I would like to work for harmony again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harmony Gold Mine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Harmony Gold Mine