Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc
3,5 out of 5 stars.

Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc Employee Reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

Enjoyed working for this company.

Since the advent of internet users it is harder to sell. Plus we have had an increase of stores around us which makes it very competitive. Our compensation has decreased also.

Decent place to work

Overall it was a decent place to work. My manager was great and always supportive. However, I feel like the pay was unfair for the amount of knowledge and experience I had.

Long hours, hard work, very little pay

I wouldn’t recommend this job for anyone that doesn’t have a nest egg. Constantly pushing for more and more as with all sales jobs but refuse to update style and don’t keep up with consumer trends. Quality is a really issue as it seems everything coming is damaged.

Great environment

Lost my job during pandemic. They kept associates who were there longer. I guess this is fair. However, I did super great for the time I was there, and was not acknowledged for that. I work with a physical disability. Could this have been part of the reason?

Very fun and laid-back place to work, need to sell a lot to make good money

Great store, furniture quality is top-notch, management is great and most coworkers are good people. Traffic could be slow sometimes but if there’s a lot of traffic business is very good.

Hostile work environment

Poor management Micro management to the extreme Good pay if you can get the product delivered Hostile work environment Back orders are extreme, customers waiting months for product and the customer service is slow to address problems once it is delivered.

Don’t do it

This place is the worst place to work at. The work is extremely hard. Heavy lifting 10-12 hours a day. You have no set time to go home. The pay is horrible for the amount of work that's expected. I only lasted 3 weeks here. I have a new job paying way more with a lot less work. You will not be happy here.

Pros

Cons

Heavy lifting, terrible pay for the amount of work, no set schedule you leave when they feel like it’s ok. EXTREMELY HEAVY LIFTING AGAIN!

Fun most of the time

It can be very slow, but it is easy work for the most part. Commissions are competitive and average sales are high. Pretty good training programs and great software.

Pros

Flexible with schedule

Cons

Slow pace for retail

Tips

The company would be so much better if they actually cared about the lower staff. They are just as much as important as managers salesman etc. without the movers it wouldn’t even get done

Customer Focused

Havertys is a strong company with a focus on service. There are plenty of opportunities to advance, along with opportunities to learn new skills, etc.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc?

Bad management

Turn over rate is very high always fund yourself over worked because people quit an management don't care that your tired they just want the work done.calling in because your sick then return after a few days management drops a work load on you that makes you want to quit.

Too much micromanaging, too much pressure to sell product , delivery fee and added protection plan

Commission Sales are not for everyone Especially if the company cannot deliver the goods and deliver without damage and you are paid on delivered goods Also there are fellow employees that will steal your sales and there is no reprimand or compensation Management only cares about their bottom line

Pros

Discount in furniture and health plan and 401k

Cons

Working every holiday, weekends and no part time hours Be expected to invest your life fully to succeed

Calm Work Environment

My role was pretty simple, there were only two people in my position which made it a little harder to get time off and the pay starts at $12. Other than that I had a great manager, my co-workers were very helpful as I was adjusting to my new role.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Pay is on the lower side

Fun place to work and grow in sales

Good conpany that takes care of employees. You get paid on delivered furniture so you need to be in contact with customers you sell to and let them know if their furniture has been pushed back

Not a good place to work

You get paid on delivered sales along with a draw, not to mention most furniture is on back order, so quite hard to start making money when you first start. High turnover rate, early Saturday morning meetings which are useless, management is no help (they're either away or don't care at all), no communication. Co workers were great, but that's the only positive thing I can say. Hard to have a life. Take your talent elsewhere

Pros

Great co-workers, close early

Cons

Long wait time for merch, hard to make money, bad management

If you want to work 10 hour days, 7 days a week just to meet your sales goals then this is the job for you

The sales goals to hit are almost impossible, they also made me think I would be doing a different job when I first started and then threw me into sales

Not a career

Decent place to work and earn a check. Not a place where you want to spend your entire career. Coworkers are decent hard working ppl. The furniture is ridiculously heavy. Most customers don’t tip. Doesn’t Matter how long you been there.

Learning Sales techniques and strategies. Beautiful showroom. No personality staff.

Manager turned into a tyrant after "#s" didn't meet the stores forecast. No work life balance. No pay on undelivered furniture. They want you to work long hours for little pay.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Long hours, little foot traffic (customers) Co-workers boring and non caring of each other

Great team staff and environment.

I enjoyed my time working there and no complaints very helpful and I did my daily since I was instructed on the first day. I started with refills in all the trash cans and then cleaned the bathrooms. When I wasn't busy with that I would sanitize the employees work stations and take orders when needed.

They definitely have job security someone always needs furniture.

Over all it's a great place to work there's guys that have been there 30+ years and still get it everyday. The pay could be more but it kinda evens out with the hours you put in.

Pros

Travel

Cons

No end time .

Decent place, but not long term.

As with most furniture delivery jobs, the hours are unpredictable. Start time is early, but end time can be very, very late. Routing is very poor and without proper knowledge of the area, it is almost certain you’ll fall behind the ETAs given to the customer. During season, don’t expect to be home before 7:30 depending on your commute.At my location, I was indirectly punished with inadequate supplies to do the job (dollies, drill) and had to furnish those things myself due to other employees negligence and carelessness when losing supplies provided by the company.You’re only as good and efficient as your help. If the coworker is incapable of safely fulfilling the job, team lifts can easily result in injury, which happened in my case on multiple occasions.The pay is decent, however the hourly rate is typically low - the incentive per completed stop without issues is where a decent amount is made. However, product that has been damaged by the manufacturer, warehouse and/or loaders often results in stops having issues resulting in loss of incentive pay - something completely outside the drivers control.Good or bad Management is purely dependent upon location. I was with the company 7 years and worked under 4 managers, 3 of which were absolutely atrocious, giving little recognition and encouragement to drivers and asking far more than what should have been asked. The most recent manager looked out for the drivers and did what he could to help us.You can expect to be called in on your days off since staffing is usually very slim.There is little to no job advancement -

Pros

Tips, Overtime

Cons

Sometimes skip lunch break to stay on schedule, very poor routing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haverty Furniture Companies, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance