Hestony Transport

Hestony Transport Employee Reviews

Tough enviroment

Tough environment to work in, small mistakes could often resukt in high financial losses.Not always easy to manage drivers. In short: "jy moet hare op jou tande he".

Great Employer

My impression of Hestony Transport was not that good before I started my employment contract. Mainly because of the reviews as seen on this platform and many other platforms. When I applied for a job opening, my attitude was "let me see for myself" and I was not disappointed.My experience with management: They are very strict, but do your job and your department or account or whatever you do would not be a burden to them. Lift the weight of their shoulders man. That is expected in any company.I have experienced an open mindset from management; suggestions are considered; recognition is given where needed. So YES! I am a happy employee:-)

Pros

Great working environment

Not good

As i work the i must buy my own overallOr if something is broken i must pay itU must work overtime like it or notAll people are working there, they a General workersBut they work different job.

Pros

Cons

7to7

Poor and rude management

They need to get rid of the Agri department general manager and his sidekicks, He shows extreme signs of narcissistic behavior towards his subordinates and treats them with great disrespect.

Pros

Good stable company

Cons

Poor management

It was long hours and could be called in at any moment

It was a fast paced stressful job dealing with plus 30 on one shift alone but they had incentives in place to motivate the controllers it is great for exprience as it teach you to work under stress

Pros

Good exprience and salary

Cons

Stressful and fast paced

Difficult place to work

Management is rude and unappreciative. Day is long and money is not enough. Work is piled up on you. And no one ever says thank you for anything. Need to have strong will to work there

Pros

Cons

Long hours, rude management

Working as clerk

Hestony had poor Management the time i worked there. Don't have good manner or friendly relationship with their co-workers and personnel and was handling the staff members like junk and very unfriendly behavior against all workers. Not a place to work for.

Good for beginners, you learn a lot. Bad for the experienced, you waste your time.

Working for Hestony Transport is no easy task. The working hours are ridiculous, the remuneration is lean, The responsibility is out weighing. You don't really considered to be a human, you're like a machine as long as you're on their payroll. It's a great company only to gain experience but for experienced drivers it's a wrong turn.The driver is tumbled upon by anyone. The information they give you when you get employed is different from the real things that happens when you're working, ie the is a big discrepancy between the salary they promise and what they actually pay, in some departments like the Live birds you only sleep when you get a chance to do so. The 4days off per month is a myth, you can go for 4 months without off. Applying for an annual leave is a huge task. Generally Hestony look down upon its employees.

Pros

Bargain council registering

Cons

Long unpaid hours, poor remuneration, poor work ethics.

Great learning curve

Learned alot from the team and wish them all the best. Management needs new leadership Team dynamic is great and all parties involved strive to do there best and assist each other where possible.

Pros

Fantastic team culture

Cons

Long Long hours

Well run company

No off days for family time,no overtime pay , otherwise it is a great company ,great team to work with,c omfortable and well serviced fleet,long term benefits

Pros

Great team

Hestony Transport

At Hestony I made alot of friends that turned into family after my fiance's passing in 2013. But in Hestony the pressure to perform is unbearable. I felt that I'm doing the same thing everyday and there was no room for improvement. Although the environment can be stressful sometimes I enjoyed working there.

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

lunch time

work form 8 to 17h00 sometimes later than 17h00. not allowed to go out on lunch. only one person helping drivers no one els will help. long working hours

Pros

Cons

lunch time

productive and fun

good company with benefits for driver though responsibilities are very, very high when it comes assets with driver being monitored for negligent and behavior

Pros

yes free lunch

Cons

yes long hours

productive workplace

work was nice but people that i worked with weren't that nice, I never told them cause i was there to work and not play around. you weren't allowed to know more than the appointed managers/supervisors cause then they saw you as i thread

Pros

did not have to work on week-ends and if you worked on a Saterday/Sunday you got paid extra

Cons

were supposed to act stupid so that you know your job is secure

it was fun driving at hestony

everyday is the same i drive,i deliver goods from city to city management is good they understand delays like traffic i have learned to be patient with the traffic e.g accidents stop and gos and how to deal with my loads. i drive the whole night delivering express goods when you deliver on time and get some time to rest.

Pros

food money allowance

Ok workplace

Transporting meat and feed to nearby farms. Conflict management Ok Strict No proper resting facilities when working nightshift Working with my team of core drivers

Pros

Overtime

Cons

No proper growth plan

Terible

Not professional, poor management. Extreme hours without rumination. No benefits, basically no job security, the salary is beneath average, work overload .

Pros

Cons

long hours(245 hours without overtime)

Not a very friendly place to work at

Long Hours, Loads of stress, management unreasonable, no overtime. Unreasonable instructions impossible to keep management happy. They find fault with everything.

Pros

Cons

long hours no overtime

Good transport experience

I enjoy working in the transport industry, i learned a lot from the company. The management is very help full, every day i learn something new which grows my knowledge.

Pros

Busy enviroment

Cons

no growth

A nice place to work for,can just do with better management.

Well ok,start work at 05:00 am get all my drivers on their trucks,consults with all my customers to see if everything went as planed the previous day.Run errents,check and reply to emails.Do all my reports and make sure my fleet runs smoothly,take care of break downs ext,.....home,Hestony was my home,long hours,always there to make sure all goes well... Attend the weekly meeting with my largest customer and learn what I can do to better my service to them. Management at head office could have been more co-operating. The hardest part would be to do damage control when a driver or drivers left their truck and leave because of mistakes made with their pay ext. The most enjoyable part,must have been the full package,I totaly loved that job,everything bout it,every day was a learning curve and a challange,miss all the people.

Pros

every day something new to learn.

Cons

working long hours including public holidays and weekends without any incentives

Good experience in long distance driving,but very bad management.Sometimes you can't even attend your family crisis even funerals.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hestony Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hestony Transport