Highbury Media

Highbury Media Employee Reviews

3,0
R 3 500 is not a live able salary, cost of living is way to high and too expensive to survive on this basic salary, pay for travelling and to sustain oneself whilst awaiting deals to be concluded, commission structure is extremely low, 10% A rate and 7% B rate, only certain projects have online opportunities, not every one earns and advances in the the company - selective few is top achievers - print and consultant suffers bad income.
4,0
No 2 days are the same. Surrounded by passionate professionals with a common goal of producing the best content in the best print and digital properties in South Africa.
4,0
I started off my ad sales journey at Highbury. I immediatly felt welcomed , the office has a warm feeling to it . Relaxed , laid back , getting rewarded for hard work , competitive environment . BUT with all if those good things we got paid a VERY LOW SALARY. overall i’d say if you’re looking for purely experience , start at Highbury .
Pros
Relaxed culture
Cons
low salary
1,0
The entire interview process was unprofessional, from the first phone call to setting up the meeting for very next day. Was offered the position to have it only revoked when I balked at the meagre wages, or rather exploitative wages, also being pressured to except the position immediately over the phone and start immediately. Most workplaces of a decent calibre do not run like this and was very telling of the environment. You get what you pay for, work there only if you have to but with an exit strategy. Was a waste of parking money and time.
Pros
Cons
Corporate culture
4,0
The people who work here under management are lovely and friendly, there are good vibes in the office space. However managers here could do better in terms of actually managing their teams and paying attention to the individuals and their needs. Employees are just a number to the higher-ups and salaries are very poor, benefits are close to none, at least for junior and entry-level jobs. However, this company is a great place to start and progress your career; moving up in the company in terms of your position is not impossible, and if/when you leave, it looks great on your CV. You'll also be part of one of the best media houses in Cape Town, which is a special experience.
Pros
Welcoming, comfortable office space
Cons
No pay for overtime/weekend work, poor pay
4,0
Highbury is the type of company that recognises those who put effort in their work. Yes they do have a very chilled vibe but not adapting to that culture and going over and beyond the call of duty
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Salary
1,0
The kind of work is great but theyre very cheap and exploitative. They fill as many positions as possible with qualified people as interns. Offering them a meagre R3000 a month whilst working them as slaves for months on end. Very little room for advancement as seniors often feel threatened by younger employees who have more skills and ability than them
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Terrible management, cheapskates
5,0
I enjoy working at this particular company, very productive and fun work environment, everyone is friendly and willing to help one another. I would like to gain more experience somewhere else.
5,0
Passionate Driving People Great fun enviroment but with a serious to it when needed i learned alot of the sales game here and it is this knowledge that I take away with me to further my career in other fields It was good learning exsperience with a hands on approach from the CEO andf Sales Director
Pros
Good earning potential
Cons
No Job Security