Hilton
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Hilton Employee Reviews in Honolulu, HI

Everyday is a learning experience because each days are different and It gives you the opportunity to enjoy your job and the challenges of it. Sometimes the managers can be rude at Times but under than that..it's pretty fun to work there.
Pros
Free lunches and medical
Cons
Short breaks
My job at Hilton might have been better had it not been for the department manager I had to put up with for almost 10 years. The problem with having to work with a manager who is always out to get you because he wants something you've got that he will never succeed in gaining is not worth the undue stress it causes as a result of constantly being tormented by his actions.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, paid vacation, sick leave
Cons
Horrible management and an indifferent union.
Great benefits at this company. Healthcare insurance is top notch. They match 401K. And they have an awesome PTO program. Very generous. They believe that taking vacations is a very essential part of work.
In light of the COVID-19 situation, Hilton has not been unable to provide the work opportunities that once existed. Currently seeking other avenues of employment.
Once you get hurt and make a report you won't be able to come back work even if your doctor says you can return to work hilton won't let you and union local5 no help but they collect there dues every 2 weeks don't work at hilton unless you want be overworked pay great but they get there money worth from toy not worth it
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Over worked dont care if you get injury
The jobs themselves were menial customer service jobs. The pay and benefits were fantastic, but only because my location was unionized. My managers and supervisors liked me. The way the hotel was run was very inefficient. They overcharged guests and didn't give us much to work with in the way of staffing, equipment or training.
The day starts off with floor excercise and then a general briefing in the morning. We are then given the floor assignments and proceed with our daily cleaning activities. All the employees and managers are very supportive and friendly.
Management is not on your side and will do anything including asking open ended questions that could lead into you getting in trouble I watched as many co workers got fired for things that had nothing to do with job titles but when a manager needs to save money on hours then watch out as anything goes regarding employees.
Amazing people, great coworkers, great company. Easy to learn, Accessible to home. Amazing food. Friendly people. It was a very easy job to learn. Though you multitask alot, it made the day go by faster.
I love working for the Hilton Hotel, Love the managers and the people I work with, but since I live in Hawaii. A very expensive place to live I would like to work another job. and hopefully keep learning and join the management team in the near future. The Hilton Hotel always takes care of their employees. Management would always be their to listen to their employees.
The job was great, the environment was always rather cheerful, and the employees generally all have one anothers backs no matter what department you were in. The benefits were great, including paid for lunch, medical, dental, vision etc.. The only downside was that the managers could only go so far for their employees when it came to scheduling because of the unions "Seniority". If you were on the bottom of the seniority list (which depended on the department you were in, it could take anywhere from a few weeks to months and even years to get higher on that list) you pretty much get whatever schedule was available. Every week before the new schedule came out people were able to inform their managers about which tower and times they'd like to work, but if someone on the higher part of the list overruled yours because of seniority. You wouldn't get it. Sucks for you. Keep in mind their were people there for 30 + years who could take your schedule if they wanted too without hesitation. You might even lose your day of work that day.
Pros
Free lunch, Good Benefits, Very happy environment
Cons
Scheduling problems because of Seniority
A typical day consisted of greeting guests and assisting them with any questions or concerns they had. Management was great, very supportive of employees. The hardest part of the job was working nearly six months of graveyard shifts. I enjoyed guests interactions, coworkers, and the excellent compensation and benefits.
I worked at Waikiki Beach Activities which is technically sub-contracted by the Hilton. It was a very fun place to work with a lot of freedom and great views.
A fulfilling company to work for that takes care of its employees. Hilton makes positive changes every year to stay competitive and to take care of its team members and guests. An ever-adapting company that remains top of the line.
Pros
Lunches, Uniforms, Pto
Cons
Challenging property, lack of technology
Only one white person was in management in security. More than eighty percent was of local people in supervision. I wish security supervision was more inclusive and being local was not a requirement for applying for a supervisor's position. I wish that job performance was more of a factor in decisions who got supervisory positions.
Pros
Has an employee cafe. Had some supervisors who were fair.
Cons
Had to go outside of Security to resolve issues within the department.
Been working at Hilton Hawaiian Village Security Department for several years, between 2 directors and 3 assistance directors, so I've been around. I'll just jump into it Work to home balance: a joke. They will move your days off without a second thought. Favoritism is rampant, if you're not in with the supervisors.....prepare to have days off moved weekly. Or the dreaded, split.days.off. They preach work life balance, but its nonexistent. Pay: not bad. Benefits: not bad either Management: here's the killer. Management will change policy day to day, then forget to enforce the policy that was just changed, and if it is enforced, its forgotten in a few months. The Supervisors are dictators, forget policy....you do what they say, their way, or get ready to get written up. But if your in with them, you become "untouchable" with either Friday and Saturday off, or weekends off. This is just a brief taste of Security at Hilton Hawaiian Village. I cant leave cause nothing pays even close to them. But I cant wait to leave as soon as a window opens.
Pros
Free food, decent pay, benefits
Cons
Management, favoritism culture, work life balance
I enjoyed my time at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Received great benefits and good pay. The work schedule is by seniority. So the Hilton became first before yourself and family.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay
Cons
schedule
Great hotel to get your foot into the industry here in Honolulu. The work is not very strict but everyone stays on top of one another to complete everything timely and professionally.
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
Schedule can vary drastically
The Hilton Hawaiian Village was a great place to work. This resort is very busy so your day goes by fast. I had the privelage of meeting people from all over the world. I think the hardest part of the job is a lot of the jobs are outside and itcan get very hot and uncomfortable. It was great getting a free meal and a paid break.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Sometimes long hours due to business levels.
I received diligent hands on training for two weeks, provided with amazing benefits, great compensation, and became apart of a phenomenal team of coworkers.
This was my first time working for a franchise and I realized fairly quickly that it is very different than working directly for Hilton, in that the amount of "red tape" that one needed to go through to get anything done. One needed to ensure that whatever was done was in line with both Hilton, the owners, and well as the management company. The best thing about working for large chains is the networking that happens and the best thing about working for large HOTEL chains are the perks you get when traveling, whether it be local, domestic, or even internationally.