Hilton
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Hilton Employee Reviews for Bartender

I was working for Hilton Hotel Durban under an agent called adcorp blue. I used to work long hours when it busy days wanting to make more money. Short times was our problem otherwise and our agent offered transport when working late.
I would not recommend working for this company no future very little money no benefits bad management. I would not recommend working for this company at all.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No support staff lousy management low pay hard work long hours
There is no respect for workers, used to work shift of over 14hours, 10 days in a row and without break.In over 9 months of employment, I never received a payslip, many of my worked hours were missing. Slaver
Pros
Cons
unfair salary, long hours
It's a great place and the staff was really cool. Of course this was pre-covid and I'm sure a lot of them turned over since then. Some days were way better than others and the pace and quality of the shift really depends on the clientele in the hotel.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Massive sways in money
Basically serving and bussing tables.Good place overall friendly people and great environment except for work life balance.Work can be challenging sometimes
Hilton is a good place to work but I find it hard working along the mid management team. Unfortunately I have to leave work and join other resort due to unsettling contracts and misunderstanding. For a 5 star resort Hilton pay is not that great..and plus you only sign three months contracts. I mean who does that?we want a place to groom and upgrade our skills level and gives us opportunities for excel in our career.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Shift works..8 hrs a day
Poor management. Theft, over serving, and the serving of minors was overlooked. Very unprofessional atmosphere. They preach company culture but don’t live it.
Pros
Travel discount and amazing guests
Cons
Poorly managed
It's Best Environment To Work And Professional In All. The Working Place Is Best The Staff Is Friendly And You Will Learn Alit Of New Skills And It Will Help You Become A Better Person.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breakes
Best place to work! Team work is key we are like family. Where else can you go to work and it’s always a party. We cater to 400 plus parties and provide Great food and exceptional service.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Seasonal
The Hilton Organization is Great. Upper management was ok. My manager was incompetent and racist. Cheap room rates worldwide is best perk if you can get time off to take advantage of it.
Pros
reduced hotel rooms worldwide
Cons
My manager was incompetent and racist
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hilton?
Was forced to split tips with servers who didn’t even bring in 20% of total sales. No room for advancement after one year. Would recommend for people not lookimg to further their career in front of the house.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of management
Never boring and you get exposed to my different cultures along the way. The schedules are made based on seniority if you are in a union position. The hours are decent.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Seniority
I miss the Hilton so much everyone works so hard to please the guests and management was so appreciate of everyone working hard, it was an absolute pleasure working there and if it wasn’t for COVID I’d still be there
Copelands of Southlake has some of the worst staff you could ever imagine. Overworked, constantly felt like my job was insecure (threatened to remove barback posittion entirely,) management was caught stealing from employees several times, toxic coworkers.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Very corporate with high manager turnover. Great benefits and quality pay. Great coworkers. Bad cafeteria food, but it is free! Lockers and showers are nice benefit in hot texas summers
I worked for a Hilton Embassy Suites in Portland Oregon as a bartender. Possibly the worst work experience I have had as a bartender. They have a comp bar for a couple hours every night and a couple guys set out some snacks and then bus tables. All the while I would be working non stop pumping out drinks. At the end of the night I was expected to Split my tips with not only the bussers but the cook and even the guy running food for room service. Most nights everyone would congregate in the kitchen while I was working hard out in the bar and I couldn’t even get someone to get ice for the Wells when I was running out. The bar manager expected tips as well and frequently bragged about sleeping with as many girls that worked in the building as possible. Stay away. Far far away. This place is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Having to be there
It was a good time working there at Hilton. I got to meet paris Hilton and I worked as a bartender on Fridays and Saturdays I really love maki g pancakes
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks
I worked as bartender at a busy, high volume, convention restaurant.
Pros
Great money, good business
Cons
Have to be clean, polite, follow to all reqirement. Must have good customer service skills. They will skill test all sudden. Good Trainning, good maneger, good benefit.
Pros
Fair pay. uniform. discount food.
Cons
flex hours work.
Great place to work. Hourly is a bit low, but the bartending tips make up for it. Co workers are amazing, helpful. A true sense of team spirit. Can get a bit warm in the summer, you will sweat. You meet people from around the world that you get to know when they return for business or pleasure, making lifetime friends.
Pros
Recognition, perks, free lunches and accolades when you perform well
Cons
Corporate America..measure pour, pricey drinks..customer complaints at times
I been very please to work at this locations because not only closed to where I live but from the gm to coworkers as well my regular hotels guest love to make them feel like home