Hilton
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Hilton Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

The frist thing I do when I get to work is to print out all the information that will help me run my shift smoothly, know what to expect, (well prepared). I have learned a lot so far,my management is a big influence to me, I am a team player.the hardest part of my job is working shifts. the most enjoyable part is my guest that i have biled a rapor with meeting there expertations.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shifits
I had one really good manager and the rest were not. They had serious favoritism that was obvious even after covid plus leadership never talks to you just goes straight to the top, didn't feel appreciated. It can be good but I had bad place to work I felt.
Pros
Nice, calm workplace.
Cons
Can have bad leaders, short break, no appreciated.
Working Front Desk can be extremely stressful. Benefits and travel discounts are pretty good. Scheduling is based on seniority so you need to work your way up to the most desired shifts.
Pros
Free lunches, travel benefits
Cons
Management, schedule availability
Conrad Hilton would roll over in his grave if somebody told him about the Baltimore Hilton. Hopefully things get better but it's tough to imagine that with the lack of pride and ownership that management displays.
Pros
Cafeteria food is good
Cons
It's a great company if you want to gain experience in the industry. If you encounter good mng you can grow otherwise they will dunk your career growth.
Pros
Hilton team member program for travelling, free lunch
Cons
short breaks, shifts (am, pm, night) on feet all day
I enjoyed my time working there. We had great management at the time. Our hotel had managers who had been there for a while and who cared about the quality of service which was a plus and they knew alot and were willing to teach us. You don't get that from some of the newer management. Managers who really care. At that time and under that type of training, you were equipped to go work at any other Hilton brand.
Pros
Great brand to work for. Lunch provided depending on which one you work at, great travel benefits and great enviroment.
Cons
Need better housekeeping management.
Hilton really cares about their employees and it shows with the events and recognition they do on more than one occasion. There's a lot of training available so you can further personal growth.
Pros
feeling valued
Cons
some guests can be rude
I was e-mailed regarding an open interview for a Hilton property. Day of interview, we were signed in but me specifically had to wait for over an hour for my first interview while the others I was with have been called multiple times. You will be interviewed by a couple of people if they see potential. My overall interview wait time was about 2-3 hours, although I did talk to about 3 different people and a manager. I was hired on the spot for a new property that was recently opened. The management could be better, I felt like my training was 10/10 computer videos and 2/10 actual computer training. I feel like I was not prepared to be on my own at the front desk as the system was not fully explained to me.
Pros
used to have free lunches, but they cut the menu so it was just sandwiches
Cons
no proper break area
Great company, great experience I enjoyed my time working here, especially the benefits. There isn’t much more to say about the company. They can be a
The management was great to work with and they always strived to work with me and what I wanted to achieve. Working hard leads to opportunities for advancement within the company. They handled Covid well and appreciate their staff.
Pros
Works with Student Schedules
Cons
Long hours standing, short breaks.
General Manager is worthless, he doesn’t even know how to check in guests. The back office management are no help to the front desk. I loved everyone I worked with at the front desk, but I left because management is horrible. I wouldn’t recommend working there. The turnover is high. New front office manager, seems nice but that place needs a lot of work!
Pros
Front desk staff
Cons
Management, general manager
Great place to work if you are looking for hospitality experience. Hilton has basic health and 401k match - mainly owned by different property management so you might get something different
Like with most hotels - you will be getting paid near minimum wage with little to no benefits . The biggest benefit was offered by Hilton corporate to all Hilton brand associates - discounts on hotels for employees and friends and families. The only downside to that is , hotels can cancel employee rooms without notice and there is no support or customer service to help employees with troubles at their reservation.
Pros
Discounts on rooms, flexible on schedule
Cons
Low pay, poor management
I enjoyed working for Hilton and have applied to positions with the company since. The benefits were great and it paid well above minimum wage. I learned quite a lot in my position as a front desk agent and found management to be pretty tolerable. I loved the culture that supported doing all you can to create a positive guest experience which meant that you had company backing when you went the extra mile which is something that I did not find with other hospitality companies I have worked for since. The one negative is that I had to leave the job because they were not willing to accommodate my course schedules as I was a full time university student at the time but they seemed willing to adjust schedules for those who had children so I suppose they still work to provide a work life balance..
Pros
Great hotel discounts
Cons
Expect a lot for an entry level position
Nothing bad to say. It was just time for me to move on. I had other in my life that I had to take care of more president of my job at the time. But great place to work at.
Pros
Pay, guest
Cons
No move up
It is a very nice company...however everything is base in seniority.. If you want to get a good pay this is a place to be. The company culture sis very nice everybody is helpful.
Pros
free food. great pay and compensation and benefits
Cons
toxic
My manager and all the staff was amazing. If you want to grow in the company though you have to play favorites HR is not the easiest to deal with. Other than that great benefits.
There was room for growth. I enjoyed the work atmosphere , my manager at the time was very encouraging also great benefits . i would love to work for this company again.
● OverallHotel was great, guests were awesome as well. Management sucked, there were times that they would over sell rooms and front desk agents were to take the worst of it when the guest would arrive. Management would not take the time to reserve other hotel rooms in another hotel for them. It was a fun atmosphere though to be working at a Hilton and the employee rate to stay was awesome.
I like to work with my team because those guys are very profesional and very humble I am lucky to be part of the Hilton.But I don't happy with the benefit ( Health Insurance)., the company promise health insurance but you need 40 hours.....but sometime make only 25 hours for week and don't qualify for this benefit.
Pros
Free Laundry
Cons
Healthcare
Busy environment that kept me on my feet throughout my whole shift. Everyday, we were oversold rooms. You deal with all kinds of guests, tourist groups, events, 3rd party reservations, families and business folk, you name it. Our biggest contract were with the airline crews. They were also the hardest to deal with because they expected a lot. It was stressful the first two weeks, but you get used to the rush. FD manager and supervisors were very hands on with customers and very supportive dealing with rude and difficult guests. We had meetings every week to go over reviews and topics. Theres a free buffet in the back for workers which is convenient. At night, you have a discounted dinner menu to order from the restaurant thats delicious. Pay is high for the stress involved, 401k options are available. HR is unprofessional and rude, the others so-so.My favorite part were the guests and seeing the weddings and events take place at our hotel. Another was the pay and learning how to handle situations from different types of guests. Front Desk was a fun team and we worked well together. We got through problems and tried our best to make it work.
Pros
High pay, free food
Cons
Dealing with airline crew drama and deaths in hotel rooms, short staffed, high turnover rate