Hilton
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Hilton Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

You are given an opportunity to subscribe and study on their worldwide online university. You are empowered to excel and provide respect and great service to all guests and also to your work colleagues. Hilton is just the real world where you understand the true meaning of hospitality. I enjoyed working there
Pros
Comp breakfast and lunch
Cons
Fair hours
coworker are great with great benefits. You will learn a lot that will teach you great life skill. They care about there employees (depending on management. They also have a very extensive training program that you will appreciate. If they have FPG then you will have a great chance to make a decent amount on the side.
Pros
Discounts
While working for Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - the team I worked with was such a delight to see each day. The job was awesome, the perks of working for Hilton were awesome, and there was never a moment of dullness. The opportunity for growth was there and HIGHLY encouraged. It was the perfect job! We had the opportunity to earn commission through an upsell program which was so obtainable and definitely made the job more fun. The starting pay was also livable. COVID sadly hit resulting in everyones furlough. If it wasn't for that, I would definitely still be there today.The benefits however through Hilton as a Corporation were TERRIBLE. I paid close to $200 a month and nothing I needed for my pre-existing condition was covered. The Hilton Benefits team through Hilton Corporation was also terrible. The reps were extremely rude and unhelpful and never had any answers.
Pros
Opportunity for growth, the team, commission, perks, pay
Cons
Healthcare
Best company I have worked with so far! Great benefits package, inclusive environment, decent pay. Sadly my department was reduced in the wake of Covid-19. Flex schedule, work from home office. Hope to reapply someday when travel trends resume
Pros
Work from home office, benefits package, flexible schedules
Cons
shift bids
The ability to work from home and still have great support from managers was awesome. You always felt apart of the team. The hourly pay could be more
Pros
work from home
Cons
hourly pay
Corporate hilton literally has the best management ever; even if you do not work in their department everyone helps everyone. It was amazing. Hr is great, front office management was great, I felt like I had support from every management team in the building.
Pros
Health care, Vacation time, Management
Cons
Short breaks
All inclusive culture and bright talent. Everyone worked as a team and everyone's ideas were shared. Management was always supportive and they strategically delegate tasks which actually make you feel important and needed.
I truly loved my time as a Guest Service Supervisor at the Hilton Suites. Management was amazing and they care greatly for their employees and treat them as family. Work/Life balance was a huge pro for me and my children. Great opportunities to move up within the company. I was so sad to leave them!
I loved my job. I was a guest assistance supervisor. But when covid hit,I was furloughed twice (6 months total) and then laid off. It was pretty upsetting to be laid off when others who had been there less time maintained their jobs.
They put profit first! The elevators breaking down, the slow hotel shuttles, lack of adequate staff at the front desk, managers disappearing when you need, etc.. are all things the hotel could spend money on to improve but do not. These will all become your problem and good luck finding the offending department's manager/supervisor to fix the issue. You are on your own. Instead of fixing issues, the owners pad their pockets and hotel staff struggles but somehow manages to keep their guest scores high enough to avoid corporate from bringing down the hammer. If you want to advance, look for a department you like and transfer as soon as you can. From what I saw, the longer you stay at the front desk, there harder it was to leave.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hilton?
While the Hilton company offers more intricate benefits than its competitors, the friendly environment is non-existent. Management ignores rude senior employees and the toxic work environment that they create. There is room for growth but you have to "kiss a$%" It's more of a popularity contest than actual hard working individuals. The employee travel stay benefits was the best part and discounts at company restaurants. The work schedule fluctuates, its never consistent. That's the worst part about working there in my opinion. Workplace culture needs to be worked on, add diversity courses.
Pros
Free lunch, discount stays, comission
Cons
Schedule, Uniform, Management
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Hilton is not really a thing. Managers will put you in a late night shift without asking you and without telling you. The availability you provide to management does not matter since the schedule is based off of seniority.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Hilton are okay, a lot of employees depend on the benefits but the pay is not worth the things management puts you through.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Hilton, I think sort of secure. Security is always there to help, but the dispatchers never call it in correctly.ManagementIn general, managers at Hilton play favorites. And occasionally flirt with employees also talk about employees behind their back to other members of the staff. Very strange dynamic.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Hilton is the favorites always got away with doing the worst things. Always yelling across the lobby and getting constant HR complaints for bullying. Of course they never got reprimanded for these actions, unless it was left in a review by a guest.OverallMy experience working at Hilton overall Hilton itself is amazing and they offer a lot of opportunities for their team members. The management however, do not hold the same values.
You get back what you are willing to put in. It is a business model that makes you feel as though you are more than just a number, but it still is a business. Before the pandemic it was easily the best job I ever had.
That is exactly how you will feel if you work for this company. It’s a job if you are desperate for income! They will hire you just to fill a seat.
Was very disappointed on being laid off from Hilton and how it was handled. While I worked there I loved it then COVID 19 hit. There wasn't a lot of communication from management and everyone that was furloughed was kind of left in the dark. People were let go randomly and it didn't matter how great of an employee you were.
My typical work day included greeting guests assist with check-in and servicing guest request and needs. Processing paperwork and closing accounts at the end of the day. I worked as a night auditor when I first became an employee at Hilton. I learned how to close accounts and processed paperwork. The workplace was a friendly place to work and growth potential is definitely a plus.
Pros
Free food, Uniform and dry cleaning
A typical work day includes receiving 50+ incoming feedback from guests, answering and resolving issues, and providing excellent customer service. I've learned muti-tasking, data enty, effective listening, empathy, patience, file managment, and how to remain calm in uncomfortable situations. Our workplace culture is diversed and the team members are eagered to help each other to build customer retention. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I was able to help someone and turn a negative experience into a positive one.
Pros
Travel and product perks and free items the hotel give away
Cons
n/a
Hilton hotels overall have excellent benefits and travel perks. Personally I did not like this job, as they treated their employees poorly with unfair pay, and the managers were never present or engaged.
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
Pay, poor management.
I work for Hilton Cleveland Downtown as a Front Desk Agent, I specifically handle incoming calls, although there are other positions and you can learn all the different front desk positions. I personally find the team a very positive and uplifting group of people. I really appreciate my management because they are always willing to assist. The hardest part of the job is unhappy customers and the extremely high call volume at times. The most enjoyable part is being able to make someone's day and head off problems before they can become an issue. If you prefer first shift, you are more likely to be switching shifts. I personally prefer second and can almost always get second shift positions. Maybe once every couple of schedules I'll be put on first and switch with a colleague.
Pros
management, training
Cons
customers, schedule
Loved my time at Hilton. The management were so supportive and always there for us. We had great benefits, however,the pay could be better. It was fun.
Loved Working for Hilton hospitality as they look after their Employees and Decent payout monthly for Position you work accordingly.Benefits and Perks with knowledge Gained is all worth at the end of day!!
Pros
Good Work Knowledge
Cons
Locations
  1. Guest Service Agent