Hirsch's

Hirsch's Employee Reviews

South Africa40 reviews
4,0
Hirch's the warehouse department is a great starting place for a work experience , you grow into a creative individual and you can escalate to other positions within Hirch's
Pros
Team work making alot easy
Cons
Early knock in
1,0
I would never recommend someone to work here. I regret working for those people. They don't follow work ethics, they don't know how to treat their staff and all they know is forcing staff to pay money without following the right procedures. They favour India's mostly as compared to African people, hence you will never find a black person on the management board. They are pathetic!!!
5,0
Enter work start with counting of stock and handling service calls,
Stock controlling of my department . Sales of maintenance contracts.

Store target for the day and budgets.

It a very hostile environment with lots of back biting.

It is a cut throat business.

Convincing clients to take the extended maintenance plan on their appliances.

Meeting and interacting with new clients from all over the world.
1,0
Would never advice anyone to work for this company /no integrity, loyalty
Company based rules no act of employees law, never recommend, family owned business,
5,0
There is not 1 single day that i dont enjoy what i do, everyday is something different. I Have a major goal in mind that i want to achieve and i know that Hirschs would make that possible, Hard work and dedication paid off this month, but in future, i know that Hirschs will bring me to where i want to be. I Love my Job. We have a culture of dancing the Linedance every Morning,The hardest part of my Job is to work sooo hard, and not been seen for the good, but rather the bad.I Love dealing with customers, i love calming them and assuring that they are happy at the end of the call or when they walk ot of Hirschs
4,0
Was exciting to see new faces and to work with people everyday.
Was very busy at times and worked fast under presure. Love taking pride in my work area and give my best everyday.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The salary was not enough
5,0
My first Job, it's a wonderful company with beautiful people.
I had learnt so much and adapted to the Hirsch culture so fast.

It's different from the rest. I have learnt how to be a stronger individual. I can tackle any problem I come across.
5,0
Every day is something new and exciting. Staff members are quite friendly and some quite helpful. Every day you learn something new about the company.
Pros
Receiving a voucher for being on time everyday.
Cons
Favoritism
5,0
if you want to grow in the field you are in and learn something new each and every day, than Hirschs is the place to be. I have been working at Hirschs for 15 years and have developed my skills both in the business and my personal life. It's a lot of hard work but in the end it all pays off.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Non
5,0
The part I enjoy most about my job is working closely with the suppliers and pushing myself to achieve more each day, there is plenty of room for growth and the COO works closely with all staff to ensure you give the best you can give and it amazes me how much i have learnt in such a short period of time
Pros
ever learning
5,0
Working at hirschs has been such a pleasure. There is something to new to learn each and everyday from the last 8 years of working here. The team is high motivated and everyone supports each other through the good and the bad. The products are amazing and building a customer sale person relationship is the best part of my job!
Pros
Ever learning
Cons
non
5,0
I started at hirschs 2 years ago and i have never looked back since! i have learnt so much and I am regarded as a person and not just a number in the company. What i love the most is the products that i sell, they are amazing! and i know that i can sell them with confidence to the customers without any problems
Pros
Good work environment
5,0
A day at hirschs starts of very motivating with our morning meeting which everyone gets involved... its fun...interactive and most importantly motivating to get you going through the day... Each team member supports each other and our store manager is the greatest... there is never a dull moment here at hirschs and i enjoy every moment of it!
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
cant think of any
5,0
I have worked at many companies in the past 8 years and no other company has thought me business skills, product knowledge and customer communication skills like Hirschs has. The COO is amazing and pushes you to your limits and teaches you to grow your skills and to be the best you can be both in business and at home!
Pros
Always growing
Cons
Non
5,0
Hirsch's has grown me to be a woman not only in the job place but also outside of the work place by helping work full time as well as doing my own side line business which is great earning multiple sources of income and applying my business skills that i have learned in both Hirsch's as well as my own business
Pros
Always motivated
5,0
Overall Hirsch's is a fantastic place to work, but like most workplaces your enjoyment will depend on your team & manager. Some managers are outstanding & best in class, others are poor. The former will make you love your job, the latter will make you leave it. I don't think this is specific to Hirsch's, but have seen a mix in quality of managers. My own manager is world class, so I love my day to day.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
My journey to conquer sales began in 2012, and until today I am striving to bring High high-quality brands and entertainment experience that customers can enjoy anytime, I have learnt and continue to learn everyday and there is no other company I would rather work for!
Pros
You are not a number, you are a person
5,0
We are encouraged to be the best at everything we do and work towards achieving our goals daily. The staff all work together and brainstorm how to better each other and the company.
Pros
Always motivating us to do great things
5,0
I started off as a brand ambassador for an agency which was not a stable job, I then joined Hirsch and now I am a personal assistant to management. I enjoy what I do and I excel in my duties. Working for Hirsch has helped me gain confidence to speak to people and has helped me achieve many of my goals.
Pros
Taught how to be successful
Cons
Nothing to be honest
5,0
It is a good company to work for. Thou the hours are long.

The morning meetings everyday that motivates you and get the day going,

The hardest part is when you need to sacrifies your family time
Pros
every year you get a bonus thats good
Cons
long hours and no family time
5,0
A company that cares for their staff and their needs
i have worked for the company for over 30years and have progressed through many departments over the years

with lots of perks and benefits.

I love working with customers and i have happy returning customers

all the time.
Pros
great provident funds
Cons
long working hours as in retail companies