Hirsch's

Hirsch's Management reviews

South Africa40 reviews
5,0
I started off as a brand ambassador for an agency which was not a stable job, I then joined Hirsch and now I am a personal assistant to management. I enjoy what I do and I excel in my duties. Working for Hirsch has helped me gain confidence to speak to people and has helped me achieve many of my goals.
Pros
Taught how to be successful
Cons
Nothing to be honest
1,0
I would never recommend someone to work here. I regret working for those people. They don't follow work ethics, they don't know how to treat their staff and all they know is forcing staff to pay money without following the right procedures. They favour India's mostly as compared to African people, hence you will never find a black person on the management board. They are pathetic!!!
4,0
Great working environment full of great ideas and potential. The people are kind and always look out for each other.It has good management and leadership
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
Not enough sugar
4,0
At Hirschs there are many growth opportunities. A typical day at work would definitely be described as busy, it takes a lot of hard work and determination to work for this company. I've learned how to handle difficult situations. Management is always ready to assist and encouraging. We are able to express who we are and have a lot of friendly, fun people.
Pros
Vouchers, Productive workplace
2,0
Assisting customers, always thinking of other peoples feelings before your own. I've learned to look on life from a positive perspective, always thinking positive, no matter what the situation I was in. The management is good and always fair, colleges always want to help each other. The hardest part of the job was, trying to calm an angry customer down. The most enjoyable part of the job was always when the customer showed appreciation.
Pros
Employee of the month cards/ games and free cake
Cons
Long hours on a Sunday
4,0
A typical day at work : Everyday holds new challenges for all stock controllers, following up on purchase orders, daily high value counts, receiving stock and working closely with suppliers, a typical day is a busy and productive day

I learned in this company that anything is achievable if you keep working towards your goals, and if you are time-managed

Management always works close with their staff and does daily training with sales staff and gets involved with everything

The hardest part of the Job is when people don't work together and you need to think for them while doing your own work, and when the power is off and the system is down and you can't capture stock

The part I enjoy most about my job is working closely with the suppliers and pushing myself to achieve more each day, to work with the new staff and to train them on the system and teach them how stock control works

I also enjoy going the extra mile to ensure we get the best stock take between all the branches
Pros
They grow and work with the staff to be managers and always giving opportunities to grow
Cons
You don't have much time for family or friends because you constantly working long hours
2,0
The switchboard has more than 50 lines and sometimes the morning meeting will go on longer than intended resulting in customers swearing and performing on the phone. Management cuts the meeting short when they see us struggling, sometimes they add to the cashiers problem by doing the opposite of what the COO wants.
When special vouchers are given to B&B's or voucher specials on the day are taught to us on the day or when the customer makes a purchase.The hardest part is when the COO gives an order or we could be fined and management orders us to do the exact opposite infront of the customer to make them happy. The best part of the job is the amazing people in our small team at the cashier/reception front.
Pros
Lots of great learning opportunities
Cons
Long hours, pay for stockloss, expensive uniform and very low salary, also filling in for other people and no bonus