Hitachi Vantara

Hitachi Vantara Employee Reviews

2,0
Work is dependent on the manager's presence. If they don't come in to work, you wont have work to do. Workplace culture does not exist. There is no room for growth.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Long hours with no work on most days
4,0
Storage is an ever-changing environment so be ready for change. The company is shifting much of its employment attention to off-shore personnel so be aware of a changing culture.
3,0
Hitachi Vantara is a great company to start your career. Salary for developers is above industry average. The company has strategically places itself into IoT vertical and foresees a promising future
Pros
Work from home facility
Cons
Below average salary for mid-level employees, less onsite opprtunity
4,0
Good company but now things are changing need all Americans left the company I don’t know the reason
Completely Indians are big bosses in organization
5,0
Provides good learning envirnonment, work life balance is cool. Company doing innovations to become digital. Yearly bonus leave benefits are good. Great place to work
3,0
The company has great products but is not aggressive (marketing, sales, etc.) in the marketplace. Management demonstrates a lack of growing the business on a daily basis. Any success at the company is due to individual initiative, NOT management support or prioritization. Great work/life balance due to the lack of urgency and taking advantage of opportunities in the marketplace. Administration and reporting take precedence over getting things done.
1,0
Data lock-in as standard, not by design, but poor coding and even worse architecting by clueless great apes. Pre-sales forced into poor designs by ultra-high pricing of commodity items, leading to “it just doesn’t work” being standard practice for the field teams.

Partnering with extremely poor ODM partners that provided product so cheap I wouldn’t use it in my home, let alone a mission-critical server hall. Tore my hair out and gave myself alopecia in the process of supporting it to boot.

The laughable “Insight” group that provided an EXCELLENT glimpse of Hitachi Vantara’s future by providing vaporware. Lumada looked like something I’d have programmed for my CS first-year, no kidding. Now consigned to a catch-all “brand” for other legacy products.

Pentaho - potential greatness blown away by our dear leaders. No wonder they took the money and run, and I guess the user base are jumping ship as well. Ringing any BlueArc-shaped bells?

The new strategy - let’s buy bankrupt software companies and think we can make a viable product out of them! Newsflash… they went bankrupt for a reason.

Personnel - let’s get rid of all the highly paid and experienced staff in favour of offshoring, YEARS after it has proven to be a busted strategy, ending up costing far more in the long run.

Awful, spiteful, severance negotiations and package. The company would rather pay barristers now than negotiate suitable settlements for displaced (sorry, resource aligned) employees.

You’ve reached the “lawyers” stage of the “innovators, accountants, lawyers, liquidators” cycle so it won’t
 - more...
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Mass layoffs of the people that know what they’re talking about and keep the ship afloat
4,0
There is a work-life balance with this company. The managers are helpful and understanding. However, there is a lack of organization with upper management.
4,0
The support received from the technical team as well as immediate management has been exceptional!

There are unlimited learning opportunities and on-the-job training as well as self-contributions existed which makes the the job interesting!
Pros
Free Friday afternoon social drinks
Cons
Not that can be described...
2,0
Business in decline. Attempt to turn the business around will not succeed. Time to go.Targets unachievable. Inspirational management leaves. Dolts remain.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hitachi Vantara?
4,0
Also a required field but more required than the previous required field since this required field also has a required length to be entered in the required field
5,0
lot of training materials provided to be fully equipped to face clients. Good culture and people to work with, good support provided from management team
Pros
Good bunch of people to work with
Cons
small footprint in australia compared to other regions in APAC and Europe
5,0
Ótimos profissionais, vale muito à pena, crescimento profissional.
2,0
Good company to start out of college to get experience. Not good with promoting within. The company focuses very heavily on certificates. Always keep your resume up to date.
Pros
possibly working from home
Cons
They will layoff people
3,0
Hitachi culture of respect and honor inspires commitment from employees. It's clear the people at Hitachi makes the difference. Collaborations in small groups to resolve global challenges is one example.
2,0
A mix of environments exist at Hitachi Vantara due to mergers and acquisitions. The largest and the oldest HDS part of the company is very conservative, indecisive and a clustering of small middle management fiefdoms frozen in time and incapable of contributing to the IoT and Analytics transformation. Also very obvious lack of bold vision, execution and indecisiveness at the top.
Pros
Hitachi Ltd financial support, relatively good pay and benefits but no raises or career progression
Cons
Instability, middle management incompetence and obstructionism
4,0
Work from home is the most benefits for service team here. I like it. Traveling is bit more in some of the case, but it is still OK for the most of people.
1,0
I've been with Hitachi Vantara for over 3 years where as a company our revenue has been at a rapid decline. When I first started, they have changed out their entire C-Level leadership bench and 3 years later we've done it again. Although our declining storage business continues to fund our future, we are still lacking the vision, strategy, and execution to turn the ship around. Fortunately, as a privately held company the mother ship in Japan continues to invest in Hitachi Vantara, however, we just haven't been able to turn the corner. On the positive, the pay is good as well as the benefits, but the frequent layoffs, uncertainty, and lack of job security takes its toll mentally on a daily basis.
3,0
Not easy to compare to other Silicon Valley or High Technology companies very slow to embrace change or anything new. You need to move slow and provide detailed analysis.
2,0
Over the past 3 years the management and culture has really changed and not in a positive manner. The move from storage to digital solutions has been a disaster.
2,0
The work load is increasing, the number of team members is decreasing, time between releases has decreased, wages have stagnated for the past 2-3 years. I've had 5 different admin managers in the past 3 years. For a company that has frozen their budgets, they're willing to let go people rather than let them return to a team where they previously successful.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Vantara. Our community is ready to answer.
3,3