Hitachi Vantara

Hitachi Vantara Employee Reviews

2,0
Work is dependent on the manager's presence. If they don't come in to work, you wont have work to do. Workplace culture does not exist. There is no room for growth.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Long hours with no work on most days
4,0
Good company. Nice work. Good people. Nice work life balance. Growth opportunity. Good projects. Challenging work. Innovation and R&D work. Good management
4,0
I still work there but everyone is getting laid off or is quitting. Was a good place to work at first, now they're shipping all the jobs overseas. No longer a good place to work.
4,0
Hitachi Vantara is an IT-oriented subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd in Japan. I heard that recently the CEO was superseded by an executive from Japan- perhaps signaling a time of change. If this new influencer from Japan can re-invigorate Hitachi Vantara- then many things are possible.
5,0
My day was busy looking to assist the customer with management of their systems. Could be a very packed day. Even though they were few in number, my hardest part of the job could be the priority issues when they presented themselves.
3,0
The company seems to be in a state of flux trying to adapt to the new IT landscape. Directives from the rah-rah at HQ in California is very different to what's happening on the ground in Australia
Nice people to work with, but not very supportive from the company perspecitive. No training on their own products that I was managing,
3,0
Tough times for IT vendors, need assertive leaders to drive change. Hiding behind "japanese" brand to avoid the difficult decisions that are needed. Company seems to have lost it's way.
4,0
I really enjoyed my time at Hitachi Vantara. I attribute 90% of that to the 20 person team I worked in and the Engineering department I was a part of. The employees are good people and work hard, enjoyable work environment. Unfortunately the company has struggled to compete since I joined in 2009. There have been 6 corporate-wide layoffs/reorganizations in the 10.5 years I've been with Hitachi Vantara.
Pros
remote working, employees
Cons
low pay, struggling to succeed on planned path.
3,0
Ongoing environment of upper management change. Workplace culture needs to be addressed and improved. Salary is good when including quarterly bonuses but are dependent upon sales each quarter. Yearly salary increases have been and continue to be non existent.
4,0
Decent employer for many years but several company merges that ultimately lead to forced early retirements, and lay offs and let go's all the way up the chain. 20 years of loyalty to a company no longer holds any clout.
Pros
gym, caffeteria
Cons
Management, job security
1,0
Used to be a great place to work. Ongoing layoffs leave little to no stability. Going through a another "restructuring" now. No matter your performance, you can be cut lose anytime. Can hardly wait for the next round of "restructuring". Poor documentation, if you can find it at all. Lack of appreciation and direction from upper management. Lack of new products.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor upper management, constant layoffs, no advancement, no cost of living pay raises
4,0
Cutting edge technology and brilliant people. Highly complex business process and technology. There are regular layoff bit great severance packages.
4,0
Entreprise en cours de restructuration générale.
Salaire correcte, un bon CE.

Entreprise à taille humaine en locale.
Pros
avantage en nature
Cons
trop de changements, manque de stabilité
3,0
Hitachi has a great culture and is a very innovative organization to be a part of. They have a very strong R&D focus and are involved in many different industries.
3,0
Worked remotely: Very Stressful, hardest part, finding documentation, best part, great co-workers.....................................................
4,0
Autonomy and independence to run my projects. Trusting environment and fun loving people. All my stakeholders across disciplines were very supportive and open to new ideas and changes.
2,0
Expect to get stuck in place for eternity unless you are an excellent brown noser

PTO is unlimited but everyone knows that’s only so HV doesn’t have to pay out accrued vacation time during layoffs.

Speaking of layoffs, those happen with regularity

Zero faith in leadership, I am wholly unimpressed with the intelligence or integrity of leadership, especially the folks from GE Digital

Run, don’t walk, far away
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Too numerous, see above
4,0
Overall a sound, strategic organization who are cultural aware. Continued change is ongoing and the opportunity for growth is present. Great leadership.
5,0
Great culture, flexible work environment, fast-paced, tight deadlines, fantastic collaboration among colleagues, teamwork, always new learning opportunities. But I needed to relocate and telecommuting was no longer being approved.
Pros
flexible work schedules, benefits
Cons
stressful project schedules
5,0
Usually the day starts with scrum call and assigning task. Requirements are documented properly.The workplace is relaxed to start work with as colleagues are helpful with the problems.
1,0
Would not recommend working at Hitachi. Pay is good, but very stressful environment. Management does not care about their employees, only revenue numbers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Vantara. Our community is ready to answer.
3,3