Honeywell
Information from Honeywell:

Honeywell Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews
4,0
A lot of work, but very good experience. Hours are flexible, as long as you do the work no one runs after you. Great is eopke to work with, international exposure
5,0
Great management, great teams to work with and great ethical work environment.

Help is always available when you need it and you have a great team culture
3,0
HW is a good company to work for however management is not transparent when it involves the well being of the employees. employees are not given the benefit of the doubt.
5,0
At times, our jobs are more demanding than other times.

One was given flexibility to work at home, or lesser hours if you had spent more hours in the office in the previous demanding periods, e.g month ends and invoicing periods
4,0
I enjoyed the work culture, systems and support. They have excellent reporting systems. Plenty of scope for advancement. Very good work life balance. Always new things to learn.
4,0
great place to work with flexible work hours. not many opportunities for growth and most of the good benefits are only reserved for management.
would recommend
5,0
A good place to work with good working conditions and a good employee system . They take good care of employees and the salary is highly competitive and good HR
5,0
A focus on prioritizing tasks early in the day will help me eliminate distractions to better meet project deadlines. I recommend we touch base briefly each morning to set daily progress goal
4,0
the company was very much welcoming everyone was treated equally. transparency was there all the time.
we were a family with good intentions of working hard to achieve the company"s goal
3,0
Difficult culture to embrace. However very interesting and exciting job types. A big company maybe too big to be personal. Colleagues are highly knowledgeable and professional.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Awkward hours due to time differences
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Honeywell?
3,0
A very controlling and micromanagement style filled environment. Dishonest and unreliable HR. unilateral decisions from amanagement at times. Awkward calls at times. Unrealistic expectations. This review pertains to Honeywell Subsaharan Africa in Midrand.
5,0
The culture in Honeywell is great, where everyone knows what to do and works hard without being micro-managed. The hardest part of the job is getting the correct resources assigned to complete one's work. The most enjoyable part is the fun atmosphere and people.
Pros
No Standby
Cons
Challenging atmosphere
5,0
i love working at Honeywell, you feel like you belong. the team is great by manager has an open door policy which makes is possible to talk to him. i have learnt a lot in the 2 years i have been with Honeywell and i am given freedom to be flexible. I am able to talk with people on all level which has helped me to be confident.
Pros
nice environment and culture great place to work at
Cons
i need a permanent job
4,0
Worked on 1 site. Learned about CCTV and Building management and how to do sales in a corporate environment.
Did not get along with my manager, our personalities clashed. Technicians did not get to the office a lot as most were permanently based on sites. For me the hardest part of the job was the paper exercise we had to do every day. Keeping my client happy was the most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job
Pros
Petrol Card
Cons
Always on standby
4,0
I have 25 years experience delivering projects, from IT to engineering, construction. I have worked in Retail, Financial Services, Automation and Control, Industrial Security, Petrochemical (Oil and Gas) and Energy environments. I believe in planning, implementing, control and change if required and achieving results. I have received numerous awards, however, the team executing the project with me require recognition and reward. I believe in change and would enjoy a new challenge to add value but also grow.
Pros
Continuous improvement
Cons
Failure to recognize good performace
5,0
Shadowing of Strategic Marketing Leader in Research for 2 weeks to get practical experience during my studies
Attending Meetings

Did research for a project
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Would have enjoyed working for a longer period
5,0
As the Hardware Designer at Honeywell it exposed me to many facets of the project life cycle. In the 7 years I have been at Honeywell the learning experience was immense and I learnt quite a bit about Control Systems.
The team of people I had the privileged of working with was most enjoyable. I traveled quite a bit throughout Africa as well as Europe on various projects. This was n a way the most enjoyable and hardest part of my job.
Pros
Updated Technology
Cons
Being away from the family for long periods
4,0
Here my duties included the disassembly or assembly of aircraft wheels. Learned the basics of aircraft wheel which helped me towards my role in British Airways later on. Hardest part of the job was the long hours, 12 hour shifts, but this wasn't a problem as I had done this in previous roles.
4,0
Wonderful Company to work for.
The people who work there are helpful and work as a team.

Management is very supportive and assist when needed.

You get to interact with people all over the world.
Conduct daily maintenance
QCS DCS systems

good

80%

difficult errors

when the problem is completed

Training was made available on line help was made via mail,

on line HSE training was compulsory

over good support
Pros
Petrol card
Cons
noisy environment
5,0
I am always early in the office and love working this may sound strange to most people. Everyday the first thing I do is to go through all my mails and priotise the urgent and scheduling for the day events.
I have learned and mastered E-Auctions which stands me steadfast in my productivity post negotiations

My experience of over twenty years in Purchasing Management has adapted me with skills of decision making in a business and well versed in Process and Procedures..

I am always willing to listen and understand their point of view before commenting also getting to know them and their respective backgrounds

I love my job but the hardest part is when people do not follow process and procedures and I have to turn down a request although its urgent

Working at Honeywell you have access to the Learning Hub where you could enrich your knowledge on general business practices and products. Also allowing employees working from home.
Pros
Working from home save on time and travel
Cons
Isolation no face to face confrontation