Howden
3,6 out of 5 stars.

Howden Management reviews

Included traveling to power stations, having meetings with the clients and doing plant walk downs and reviewing schedules, working with people with in a diverse cultural work place was challenging but a good learning curve, management always expected the best and always pushed the teams to the max, the best part of the job was making sure that management and client were always satisfied with the services provided.
I have been working for this company for nine years and above.The company management is good.working conditions are satisfying.Theres safety.Work environment is good.But the money is not pleasing at all and does not meet my needs as a family man.
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Unpaid leaves
good working hours, small industrial place, management is good bt they should employ more permanent workers than contractors, supervisors are at their best perfomance
Team work is non existent Management style allows for to much freedom and to little guidance Bureaucracy creates confusion and strenuous work environments for all employees due to conflicting requirements placed on to departments Deadlines/ Schedules are seldom to never met Responsibilities are not enforced and monitored resulting in certain individuals being over burdened with departmental slack Benefits are over monitored to such an extent that a benefit becomes a burden Promises are never kept
Pros
13th Cheque, Yearly bonus, Company vehicle and PVT Kilometers
Cons
Bureaucracy, Poor Planning and organizing, Office Politics, Double standards and Corruption of work ethics by Management
Howden is run by racist white people especially in Middelburg,which has Management who are appointed because they are white even though they do not have papers for those positions.
Cons
Too long hours and no day offs
At howden I have learn not just a trade but, respect, being tolerant, anger management, being positive all the time,wining vouchers during quality days, I have learn the philosophy, it says when the client speaks I listen. Working as a team.
* I'm used in working under pressure and believe in being more competitive in productivity for the value of money I earn. * I learned to respect my job as my company. * The Management of the Company I worked for was too power in such a way that many employees were not impressed of it during and after end of contract. * The hardest part of the job is when we were forced to work overtime with no compensation. * The most enjoyable part of the job is when we receive compensation for the services we rendered.
Pros
There was nothing for nothing
Cons
We worked 10hrs and above per day that was not inline with labor relations act.
the first day at work was so difficult . I didn't have any idea about the product. but now I can built the product from start to finish. with the help of our management it was easy to learn the product. my co-workers are so supportive and helpful with all the problems you can come across. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the inspector tells you that your job is excellent.
Pros
free tea time
Cons
is a stressfol company due to treatment. I have learned alot form this company tha I can work underpressure. the management teem is fine just rating of 65% planning I like the workers are friendly people on my side no hard part of the job if you start with good planning is taht you can learn alot from this company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
*The year was just but one long day where night time and daytime was non-existent. 24/7 365 or sometimes 366. *Precision maintenance. *Good management. *Some co-workers not up to speed. *Hardest part was the 24/7 availability 365. *I enjoyed balancing the most, it was quite challenging
The people a great ,learnt alot coz I had no stores experience when I got here, management takes time to respond to requests,running around and couting stock alone, I enjoy my job.
Pros
free courses
Cons
normal hours