Humana People to People

Humana People to People Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Delivering productions

The staff is well trained and they are keen to educate anyone joining the company.all field officers are passionate about their job and delivering production

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

Normal hours

Care giver - Door to Doot Hiv Testing

I really was good but it was not safe and the Salary was little i wasn't satisified but i was working hard to ensure i reach the target in the field.

Learning step for experience

Team work,collaborative,commutation, different skills to learn, partnership,good communication skills,coordinating skills,travelling to other countries and explo new cultures.

Working at Humana People to people was so exiting, Educating and interesting, because is a life socializing environment. We learn also to mentor our families/gain experience while working - there are on work training. It also gave courage to challenge life on the other side of the mountain - because the life of HIV/AIDS is dynamic, it does not involve only HIV/AIDS but related diseases also - when doing screening you get exposed to the other experience, life behavior/ culture, reaction of the affected and infected individuals by certain circumstances etc.

Productive and fun working environment

fast paced challenging and insightful. Daily morning feedback , filing , capturing liasing with teams on the ground or in the community. workplace culture interactive. hardest part would work being restricted due to load shedding. in the area. and working overtime on weekends. at times.

We travelled a lot,helped disadvantage communities

Humana People to People is a NGO,we work with disadvantage communities.We test and refer for HIV and Aids and also teach how to prevent HIV if negative and counselling

Pros

Home travels was the companies expens

Cons

Too much travelling e.g could do 3 provinces in 2days

Productive and safe work place.

They should work on improving their management skills. Also their contracts must be extended to at least three years minimum. Other than that Humana is a great company.

Productive many community members really appreciate what we were doing

I enjoyed working for this project especially because their intentions was to try an reduce the HIV an AIDS epindemic, we work around our community an surrounding areas an sometimes we finished very late but the best thing was we have the transport to take us home when we finished our task for the day and we've tried by all means to always meet the target

Pros

Traveling a lot

Working with people

I learned how to communicate with people and never to pretend on being something that u not.... The people I worked with their so kind and willing to make the workers understand

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Half hours

colleges,first thing first

Working with Humana people to people was a great opportunity to me and very helpful to get to meet different people from different race and countries,more informative gave me more knowledge about the pandemic its self.

Pros

lunch

Cons

1 hour

its is good to work here though there is time for new chapter

My typical day at work is when production is moving very slow and the due date is just around the corner, each and everyday I learn new things especially when coming to technology and health as now we go for 90/90/90 for the next year, M y co-workers are dedicated to their work doing their best in producing good quality each and everyday. The hardest part of the job is when is comes to disciplinary measures as I should always be involve in taking decision in the good interest of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is when every one is taking his/hers wok serious and produce also reaching target as per demand.

Productive, long hours

Typical day includes the managing the accounting function - preparing monthly donor reports,checking and approving bank reconciliations, updating work done by Bookkeepers, assigning work to staff, communicating with donor representatives, attending meetings with other management staff, handling the external audit, driving to projects to supervise and ensure adherence to internal controls, write reports on strengths and weaknesses and how to improve them, I learned how to manage my work and ensure that financial and internal control reports are submitted on time. Co- workers work differently and at different paces so liason and communication are important for me to meet my objectives. The hardest part of the job is getting all the information required to produce the monthly financial reports. Handling disputes is also hard, especially in matters involving misappropriation and possible fraud. I love it when reports go on time and we are paid on time by donors.

Pros

Free lunch, accommodation, travel allowances

Cons

Long hours, inaction on key issues by senior management

I have learned a lot and gained more skills in doing administration and ecomony.I would like to have a new challenge in different invironment

Filling and adminitrating Income and expenses comming from different donors. Cashflow for the whole organisation, Payments and working closely with Creditors.I have learned a lot in terms of leadership, management, finance and administration.I have learned to work closely with my co workers because working as a team its a good key for success in my daily work.The hardes part of my job, is when the cashflow is not fitting, whereby i have to look an find out where can we get the money in order for work continue.I enjoy most when i always meet my dead lines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana People to People. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance