IBM
IBM Employee Review

Flexible and Mobile Work Office - Long Hours with intense Work Pressure

3,0
1 December 2015
As a focal point for Mobility Services, my week is a buzz of activity, never quiet, fast paced and no 2 days are the same. Typically a week would include face to face client interactions to discuss services, global or country calls and online discussions from commodity enhancements to RFP data, a lunch time service management meeting with vendors to iron out any issues or developments or negotiating budgets and costs. All this while attending to reports, emails, on-line chats and ensuring that my learning for the week is completed. The team at IBM SA are understanding and supportive in a very fast paced and challenging company. Some days, we share great achievements and others we offer and receive encouraging words during tough and challenging projects. My resilience has grown to deal with difficult clients and problematic projects. Staying focused on the goals, good leadership and eating the elephant, one bite at a time, is how I manage to get through each day with a smile.
3,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
2,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
3,0Culture
Pros
Flexible and Mobile Working Environment
Cons
Long Hours with intense Work Pressure
4,0
14 February 2020
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
I started working at IBM with no sales experience and was taken aboard and taught sales skills with the IBM Sales School it was intense and demanding school I have ever experienced. They taught me about pricing, negotiating contract writing. The culture is diverse and impowering.
4,0
12 February 2020
HR Partner (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
IBM was a great company to work for however the retrenchments were bad. Basically my whole HR career was built at IBM. I had the opportunity to work with individual from across the Globe. My Manager at the time had high expectations for and I am glad our paths crossed.
5,0
4 November 2019
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
This was a temporary position for a short period. Good experience, excellent company. The company is based in Sandton. I worked there in the interim whilst looking for a permanent position.
  1. Flexible and Mobile Work Office - Long Hours with intense Work Pressure