IBM Employee Review

Flexible working hours a nice-to-have

2,0
27 January 2015
The usual mix of meetings, e-mails, on-line messages keeps one pretty busy apart from the actual work that needs to be done. Open-plan arrangement very noisy with little regard for the presence of others who may need silence at times when critical work needs to be performed. Managers are not 'leaders'. Hardest part of the jobs is the lack of recognition (both in terms of encouragement and compensation) Most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours (within certain limitations of core-hours and job requirements, etc)
4,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
1,0Job Security/Advancement
1,0Management
2,0Culture
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Low compensation, low level of recognition and/or motivation
3,0
26 February 2020
Audit Manager and Quality Manager (Current Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
IBM is a company that helps employees develope their skill, so employees can stay relevant in a competative global market. At IBM employees are encouraged to become innovators and pioneers to drive the 4th industrial revolution.
3,0
26 February 2020
Consultant (Former Employee) - JHB, Gauteng
Leads and Managers have no time for people to try get themselves back on track.. they very EE orientated and really don't care about the consultants on contract.
Cons
long hours, bad attitude, little team work.
5,0
22 February 2020
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
I learned a lot and grew in the company. I started my recruitment path there and I was offered opportunities to explore and learn in my position. I had a great team support and we worked well as a team.
  1. Flexible working hours a nice-to-have