IBM Employee Review

Good stable company to work for, intense work culture.

3,0
30 May 2017
Shift work, 24/7 mainframe operations environment. Hands on managerial approach and good professional work culture. Hardest part of the job are the long hours, huge workload and stress. Good people, international company with good perks.
3,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
3,0Culture
Pros
Good perk
Cons
Long Hours, work every weekend
3,0
8 June 2020
Same role
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) - IBM Century City
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
4,0
14 February 2020
Same location
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
I started working at IBM with no sales experience and was taken aboard and taught sales skills with the IBM Sales School it was intense and demanding school I have ever experienced. They taught me about pricing, negotiating contract writing. The culture is diverse and impowering.
4,0
12 February 2020
Same location
HR Partner (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
IBM was a great company to work for however the retrenchments were bad. Basically my whole HR career was built at IBM. I had the opportunity to work with individual from across the Globe. My Manager at the time had high expectations for and I am glad our paths crossed.
  1. Good stable company to work for, intense work culture.