IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.
IBM Employee Review

Great people and great environment

7 February 2021
Cream of the crop professionals with an excellent work ethic along with totally relevant assignments. Realistic assignments are the norm while deadlines aren’t prioritized over results. Lucky to be part of it.
5,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
5,0Management
5,0Culture
27 June 2016
Same role
Developer / Analyst (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
Had the opportunity to express myself and propose more innovative ideas especially when we were doing projects with our main client MTN.
Pros
Many allowances
Cons
Contract for only a short period, I do wish I was a permanent employee there
4,0
28 October 2013
Same role
Developer (Former Employee) - Johannesburg North, GP
The starting point of my Career. It had its ups and down, but the ups out do the downs. An excellent environment with a multitube of people with different personalities, all offering something different in work and life in general whilst at IBM. The management was good, and being a large organisation, had well placed processes in place, but still encouraged people to express themselves, both in career and personal if.
Pros
Intellectual knowledge was readily available and if ever stuck at anything, someone within the organisation knew the answer
Cons
When there are no clients, there is little to do
18 November 2020
Complex bid manager (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Loads of live and in house training available for the advancement of your skills. Being a global company exposure to the latest market trends. travel to sales academy's overseas paid by company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Corporate method of promotions very slow
  1. Great people and great environment