IBM
IBM Employee Review

Great work place

5,0
19 February 2021
Great work environment couldn't ask for better , and every one was awesome . Best place to work just love it and had great memories there and alot of achievements
5,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Salary/Benefits
5,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0
1 December 2015
Same role
Mobility Specialist & Portfolio Management (Current Employee) - Sandton, GP
As a focal point for Mobility Services, my week is a buzz of activity, never quiet, fast paced and no 2 days are the same. Typically a week would include face to face client interactions to discuss services, global or country calls and online discussions from commodity enhancements to RFP data, a lunch time service management meeting with vendors to iron out any issues or developments or negotiating budgets and costs. All this while attending to reports, emails, on-line chats and ensuring that my learning for the week is completed. The team at IBM SA are understanding and supportive in a very fast paced and challenging company. Some days, we share great achievements and others we offer and receive encouraging words during tough and challenging projects. My resilience has grown to deal with difficult clients and problematic projects. Staying focused on the goals, good leadership and eating the elephant, one bite at a time, is how I manage to get through each day with a smile.
Pros
Flexible and Mobile Working Environment
Cons
Long Hours with intense Work Pressure
5,0
18 November 2020
Complex bid manager (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Loads of live and in house training available for the advancement of your skills. Being a global company exposure to the latest market trends. travel to sales academy's overseas paid by company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Corporate method of promotions very slow
3,0
8 June 2020
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) - IBM Century City
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
  1. Great work place