IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.
IBM Employee Review

Overall ok but not the company I knew growing up

12 January 2021
I wasn't at IBM very long coming part of an acquisition but the systemic shift occurring at IBM didn't favor my position in the company. From what I learned while on job is that the company morale is not on par with what it used to be - perhaps it is the changing nature of the IT landscape that led the company here but it is what it is.
4,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
3,0Culture
Pros
Lots of things to learn, be exposed to and work flexibility
Cons
Not much visibility into how to grow your career
30 August 2019
Same role
VMWARE SPECIALIST ARCHITECT AND SAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) - JHB, Gauteng
It’s a cool place.. things are flexible and depending on your manager you can work from home which is really cool.. the environment is chilled out and you can learn lots
5,0
18 November 2020
Complex bid manager (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Loads of live and in house training available for the advancement of your skills. Being a global company exposure to the latest market trends. travel to sales academy's overseas paid by company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Corporate method of promotions very slow
8 June 2020
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) - IBM Century City
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
  1. Overall ok but not the company I knew growing up