IBM
IBM Employee Review

Work life balance

3,0
10 February 2021
Good work life balanceNo Hike and incentiveNot Much PressureLot of Learning resources and trainings for new/Cloud technologiesLot of Opportunities
5,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
5,0Culture
2,0
19 May 2019
Same role
Data center Engineer&IT Technical Specialist (Former Employee) - Johannesburg North, Gauteng
I usually start my work at 7:30 am ,collaboratively plan my day and make sure that the most urgent work get done first before it can get busy.I learn that that starting early will relief a lot of stress that comes with eight hours work.well hen it comes to management they always want things done.I get along with different cultures at corporate The hardest part of my job is when I can't find a solution for a problem I need to solve The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can come up with solution and quick
Pros
Free lunch
5,0
18 November 2020
Complex bid manager (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Loads of live and in house training available for the advancement of your skills. Being a global company exposure to the latest market trends. travel to sales academy's overseas paid by company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Corporate method of promotions very slow
3,0
8 June 2020
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) - IBM Century City
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
  1. Work life balance