IBM Employee Review

Working at IBM is a risky business

2,0
6 October 2016
The Gains you got here were purely academic as you can learn a lot and gain experience, however favouritism and nepotism along with bad management very quickly deteriorates any notions of working for a big brand IT company such as IBM. I dedicated 5 year of my life to the job as a contractor until i was unethically made redundant without any option to be made permanent. The shift structure, inept and unfair management, stress levels and general lack of appreciation we worked with left me and many others, dealing with many serious medical problems including and not limited to Diabetes, sleep apnoeia and Hypertension. the Salary package was not great either
3,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
1,0Job Security/Advancement
1,0Management
1,0Culture
Pros
Experience, very little else
Cons
Too many to mention
4,0
14 February 2020
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
I started working at IBM with no sales experience and was taken aboard and taught sales skills with the IBM Sales School it was intense and demanding school I have ever experienced. They taught me about pricing, negotiating contract writing. The culture is diverse and impowering.
4,0
12 February 2020
HR Partner (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
IBM was a great company to work for however the retrenchments were bad. Basically my whole HR career was built at IBM. I had the opportunity to work with individual from across the Globe. My Manager at the time had high expectations for and I am glad our paths crossed.
5,0
4 November 2019
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
This was a temporary position for a short period. Good experience, excellent company. The company is based in Sandton. I worked there in the interim whilst looking for a permanent position.
  1. Working at IBM is a risky business