IBM Employee Review

Workplace culture is awesome

5,0
1 March 2018
Great canteen for the best coffee and food throughout the day. Work/life balance is tested by the high level of work requirements, but time off is given when worked too much.
3,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
good salary
Cons
overtime is too much
5,0
22 December 2014
Same roleSame location
Senior IT Specialist Technical Team Leader (Current Employee) - Johannesburg, GP
First of all I work 2 weeks a month 24x7 and the other 2 weeks is normal working hours in that Month. I Go into work on the days I do not do standby/overtime. When I get into the office i prepare myself go through my Emails and create a TO DO LIST /Dairy. Working my way through SLA of Issues the customers have logged . Following IBM Rules and regulation/business conduct guidelines working my way day in and day out reaching my Person Business Conducts rating every year regarding Long term and short term Goals over seen by my Manager and Her manager above reporting chain. Not leaving any work left out i work my normal hours and do my after hours work where i am logged on to my Laptop and my phone is available 100%. I report over 150 + hours a week of 24x7 standby. Completness, consistency ,integrity , fairness,respectfulness and professionalism at the work place for this Global Giant IBM TSS Support.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long Hours
3,0
26 February 2020
Same location
Audit Manager and Quality Manager (Current Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
IBM is a company that helps employees develope their skill, so employees can stay relevant in a competative global market. At IBM employees are encouraged to become innovators and pioneers to drive the 4th industrial revolution.
3,0
26 February 2020
Same location
Consultant (Former Employee) - JHB, Gauteng
Leads and Managers have no time for people to try get themselves back on track.. they very EE orientated and really don't care about the consultants on contract.
Cons
long hours, bad attitude, little team work.
  1. Workplace culture is awesome