IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews

Found 30 604 reviews matching the search
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, agradable, el sueldo a nivel técnico como empleado de agencia no es muy bueno.
No raises. Terrible pay. Then comes the layoffs. Stay away. If you go on disability for any time you will be laid off. Management is weak and this IT company is behind The industry standard. If your company gets bought out by IBM plan on IBM running it into the ground and you will either be sold off to another company or laid off. Don’t apply here!!!! Too bad I can’t give 0 stars IBM doesn’t deserve a 1 star!!
Pros
Start from home
Cons
On call 24/7/365. They think of you as a robot
Great work environment couldn't ask for better , and every one was awesome . Best place to work just love it and had great memories there and alot of achievements
IBM was the first career job I had out of college. It was happy to find a job at a big company where I thought as a fish in a big pond I'd have room to excel. What I discovered about IBM is that they are extremely penny-pinching when it comes to work and compensation. As a Global Business Services employee I was expected to work at least 44 hours, sometimes as much as 60 hours, and was still expected to work on proposals on the side. I was never able to obtain any promotions, raises, or bonuses at the company except by deliberately switching to a different departments.
Pros
work remotely, well recognized company
Cons
long work hours, difficult to advance, outdated technologies
The peers are very cooperative and helpful. work/life balance, learning events, Health care coverage , partnership discounts, paid sick leave, free coffee
Pros
Health care coverage
En esa empresa te enseñan muy bien en el área que vas, aprendes cosas nuevas y no es rutinario
Pros
Certificación y enseñanza, seguro de vida
Cons
Los contratos duran poco tiempo
IBM is a very dysfunctional organization. I would not encourage you to apply or work there unless you value process over productivity, posturing over transparency, and bureaucracy over technology.
Pros
Flex time means you can work any 24 hours a day you choose
Cons
Everything is an emergency, endless meetings disguised as Agile
I enjoy working with employees who are passionate about what they do and the people they serve! I have had some bad interactions with rude people but not too many. Teammates are interested in your growth and success.
Acquire and fire. I heard the phase, but I chose to be optimistic. That was my mistake. I was offered the position as part of an acquisition of a nationwide IT service department. We were promised so much; career discussions, opportunities to lateral movement, etc. Then my manager told me that I was "too good to lose". So I saw much less qualified colleagues move to gushy jobs in lazy departments, and then I saw that same manager get laid off and I was stranded in a dead end. They downsized skilled technicians to hire cheap entry level labor and my work load tripled. We all knew we weren't wanted and were seen as an expense in need of being dropped, which is eventually what happened. Luckily I got out before that time came.Ultimately IBM is a company who can't get out of its own way and refuses to hear any other points of view, even if it means their demise.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
They think they own you.
- career growth depends often on managers willingness to support you- nice working culture, with fun colleagues and events- great to start you career
Good work life balanceNo Hike and incentiveNot Much PressureLot of Learning resources and trainings for new/Cloud technologiesLot of Opportunities
IBM overall a good company to work with. Job security is there but management is worst here. They harras people and there is no HR policy or any higher authority to Supervise this
Pros
Job Security
Cons
No HR Policy
Some interesting growth areas e.g AI. However, in general still struggling to find the right direction. Constant restructuring cause top talent loss and talent underutilisation. Too much focus on cost cutting result in short-sighted decisions in many cases.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Constant restructuring
Vorig jaar in juni zijn wij overgenomen door IBM. Er werd aangegeven dat iedereen gelijk is. Uiteindelijk werd er onderscheid gemaakt tussen uitzendkrachten vaste krachten. Na paar maanden nog steeds geen duidelijkheid over een thuiswerkvergoeding die vaste krachten hebben. Daarnaast als uitzendkracht mag je niet deelnemen aan overleggen over reorganisaties. Doordat er geen CAO is sta je niet sterk in je schoenen. Vanuit de werknemers kant is het alleen maar geven. Je krijgt namelijk bijv. ook geen kerstpakket of loonsverhoging.
Pros
Collega’s
Cons
Ongelijkheid, arbeidsvoorwaarden, bedrijfscultuur
Cream of the crop professionals with an excellent work ethic along with totally relevant assignments. Realistic assignments are the norm while deadlines aren’t prioritized over results. Lucky to be part of it.
Great company to work and have a good work life balance, transition to new roles is difficult. compensation is not upto the mark however benifit are great.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New opportunities are less.
Not a pleasant place to work. Constant downsizing. Was more focus on not growing their US team. I wouldn't recommend IBM to any new college kid that I mentor
Door overname terecht gekomen bij IBM. Werk nu een halfjaar voor IBM. Wat direct opvalt is dat IBM weinig waarde hecht aan haar werknemers. Voorheen kregen werknemers jaarlijks een loonsverhoging. IBM heeft dit direct stopgezet. Tegenwoordig moet iedereen verplicht thuiswerken. Dit is begrijpelijk. Alleen maken de werknemers hierdoor veel onkosten. IBM wil deze onkosten niet vergoeden. Oftewel; je levert als werknemer maar een deel van je salaris in. Daarnaast valt het op dat IBM qua communiceren zeer slecht is. Alle interne communicatie moet in het Engels, terwijl het overgenomen bedrijf in kwestie een Nederlands bedrijf is met Nederlandse klanten. Daarnaast is interne berichtgeving nooit to the point. Er wordt een lang verhaal geschreven in het Engels met van die leuke holle termen er in om interessant over te komen. Gevolg hiervan is dat het een puzzel wordt om de kern van de boodschap er uit te halen. Maar ja, wel vet interessant en internationaal natuurlijk.. bah.
COmpany is just not a good place, I would not let my worst enemy work here. The bosses are extremly ruthless and could care less about the employees. NEVER AGAIN.
IBM management is nowhere to be found and never available when one needed advice or questions answered. There is no training when you get hired. I was let go for being proactive and giving myself work at the beginning of each day.
Pros
Time off when needed
Cons
Communication
  1. Employee Reviews