IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30 605 reviews
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
when at IBM i was contracting for a health insurance company. it was a depot setting because of COVID. but we adjusted and everyone worked together! made good friends and got better with the job as well.
Pros
friendly easy atmosphere
Cons
sometimes confusion because of upper mgmt changing things in midstream
Good start to the Freshers and Beginers.Should not stick to the same team, project or company for a longer period.There is no growth in appraisal.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, work pressure
A typical day is busy. Organize it the way needed to be. Everyone very helpful, work as professionals minding yours on business. Very competitive and decent culture.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Fixed term employment
Multiple opportunities for career advancement or changes. You can receive training in different areas and then apply for different roles. With management assistance you can transition into a new career.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Frequent Resource Actions
Feeling like a cog in a big machine.Very slow-pacedGood for people who have a familySchedule is flexibleDepends on which team you're on, things can be very different
Pros
flexible, easy paycheck
Cons
too slow, bureaucratic, company overall is not doing well, hard to see a future
For the effort needed pay was very low, not reliable work, eventually closed the call center and farmed it to India , they were nice, flexible and grateful we worked there, many people were so overqualified, phd, in nuclear physics for example 2 separate coworkers is degree.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
I worked there as a software designer & developer. I regret leaving this company. It has an amazing culture, with amazing people. I didn't personally get along with my Team lead. I asked him to trust me, and he said he couldn't because the last developer he trusted sank his whole business.That being said, that was a one off. Many of the other team leads at IBM are amazing. My last team lead, especially so. I left for personal reasons, and that ended up being the biggest mistake of my life.
Pros
Free lunches, fun stuff to do with coworkers, office parties, great work/life balance, amazing experiences.
Overall, I look back on my time there as a positive. However, they never did learn that there is a difference between a technical leader and a manager.
Pros
I had lots of chances to work in different groups.
Cons
More than once, I found myself stuck with a manager that had no idea how to actually manage.
Uma empresa sem etnia de cor, raça, classe social, gênero, respeito independente do cargo, tudo que qualquer outra empresa precisaria, igualdade.
Pros
Refeição no local, restaurantes dentro e nas redondezas
Cons
Não tem
Uma escola para a vida profissional, empresarial e pessoal. Marcou positivamente. Sistema meritocrático : performa bem > muito bem reconhecido.
Pros
Plano de carreira individual. Treinamento constante. Oportunidade de crescimento.
Cons
Não me lembro de nenhum.
Learning never ends so long as you stay motivated. Everyday you're presented with new and exciting challenges. While work is largely team oriented an elevated level of individual troubleshooting capabilities is necessary to be successful.
Good starting position after college. Flexible work life balance. Courteous employees and considerate upper management. Great benefits and facilities.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Very large company makes it harder to know people
IBM team has people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose, performance goals, and approach for which they hold themselves mutually accountable. Effective teamwork, leadership is what I saw when I worked at IBM.
Pros
Willing to work with you all the time. Clear direction.
Cons
No cons, I love it...
Good place to work nice team big pool of skilled peopleManagement is clear on vision. Many account with variety of work and growth opportunities. Follows process and policy
Free snacks, friendly people and awesome supervisor. busy sometimes and chill sometimes. big space. they priorities your safety above all. flexible shift.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
contractual
This company has no job security. Their mgmt model is to layoff employees to pad executive bonus pay and then transfer the workload to remaining employees. This contributes to burnout with no consideration for work-life balance.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
No Bonuses for regular employees. All bonuses go to upper management
The second job that I planned to quit in 2 years and now being promoted to a manager. I feel lucky to have gotten the chance to get on board in this company. Right from the training to transition to all the hiccups in the early days everything was taken care and always found a guiding star in the face of my manager.
Pros
Security
Cons
Work life balance
When you have a project it's great but things have slowed down a lot recently. The constant fear of layoffs makes every day a joy....make of that what you will
Job security is kind of tough when you can’t get on projects. Being on the bench to long will result in being terminated. Sometimes you even have to find projects yourself.
Cons
Pay
Företaget ändras hela tiden, dvs att om du anställs för en sak, så är det inte alls säkert att du kommer att få jobba med det. Det är även väldigt hårda krav från cheferna att dubska kunna leverera bra resultat. De tar inte heller hänsyn till om folk håller på att få utmattningsdepression. Ledningen kan vara svag, och inte bra på att ta tag i personalfrågor och problem.
  1. Employee Reviews