IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews

Found 30 604 reviews matching the search
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
IBM has a multitude of options for defining your own career. Airways offering the option of moving to be roles/challenges. They provide a multitude of ways to learn and educate yourself in a variety of areas. The downsides are more limited to being a massive company. There's always multiple levels of corporate red tape to get things changed. The physical sites are on the older side lacking many modern amenities of newer tech companies
Pros
Career mobility, learning opportunities
Cons
Facilities are stuck in the 80s
I enjoyed working over there, some time work might be more, irrespective of that, its employee-friendly, cooperative, supportive. The overall management system is good. I personally don't have any complaints but there are not enough annual increments that are the only thing that bothers, or else we can stay there till retirement. I left the company only because my expenses were more and the income which I was earning was not compensating my demands.
Pros
Wfh, not monitoring of time, sick leaves for resonable sickness
Cons
no much annual hikes
Love working here! The pay is great and the learning is amazing.I have been able to work on several very engaging projects while working here. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and open everyone was. Everyone is willing to help you succeed!
Cons
It depends on your team but in my experience there has been the constant threat of layoffs and that is used to motivate employees to work more and not complain or you could be next.
Pros
Work from home through COVID
Benefits and pay were great and overall, the culture wasn't bad. Some bad managers just spoiled it for me. Work-Life balance was advertised, however not followed completely through. overall, I liked to work for them.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
overtime, managers who didn't know me
It was good learning experience with IBM. Good ambience and colleagues were really helpful and friendly. Management was appreciative and approachable.
Had a great experience at IBM, felt appreciated, employees are trained in according to their job needs; management was very supportive and all employees seemed very happy
Pros
Training, Culture
Cons
Not enough work at the time I was there so I got laid-off
I do enjoy working just 4 days a week, but each day I do work is 7:30am-6:30pm. It is long unrewarding work. Most days I honestly feel like I am teaching a computer literacy class for seniors, half of my calls are from elderly people who have no idea how to operate a computer whatsoever, even though they interact with a pc on a day to day basis. On the occasion I get a genuinely interesting call from somebody who has a genuine problem and have a blast problem solving. But for the most part its older people who just call in already angry because they messed up their computer.
Pros
Good pay, nice schedule
Cons
Unrewarding, long hours
If you want to learn while you earn, IBM is an excellent place. If you want a company that has been a world leader in areas like inclusion, diversity, equal opportunity for advancement and a safe supportive workspace, IBM has been doing this DECADES before it became fashionable or was required by law.If you want to really understand how to provide global scale computer systems outsourcing, work at the company that has been doing it for every conceivable industry and government since at least the 1960's.If you want to work at a company that has the DNA of inventing or been a grassroots adopter and supporter of every virtually every concept in computing, think of IBM.If you want to work alongside people who may become world class in their profession, or become one yourself, give IBM strong consideration.
Pros
World class people and technology
Cons
Not really a con, but you work HARD!
IBM recognize their hard working employees. Culture at IBM is as you are working for your own family. You won’t feel that you are outsider once you get hired the treatment is like you are part of them they treat you with so much of respect. Management is fair they listen to you of you have and concerns or ideas. Co-workers are very nice and helpful you feel you are working among your family members. They all treat you with respect and very professional. IBM is my all time favorite place to work! I Love IBM!
Pros
Good compensation/positive work environments/treat you with respect/ great Benifits
Cons
The Company has a good work-life balance and growth opportunities. The bad part is that there is a lot of politics in the management and it's not very supportive.
this job is interesting, an interesting job it is. I do office related work and I like it, could be better though, hopefully can work at this job for longer.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Wonderful and friendly environment, very good management, very good contract
Management is too focused on loyalty to the company - any discussion of promotion/advancement/career path planning is deemed as signs of disloyalty to management. Thoroughly OK place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay
Cons
Overly complex/layered mgmt structure
la mayor ventaja de trabajar ahi es que existe un equilibrio entre la vida laboral y personal.
IBM teach more help full. willing to teach to learn more IBM related to course. more out door activities. best boot camp. well organize will team/external team meeting.
Pros
Flexible time to work
Cons
No cons
We have a good work life balance but it depends on project if ure a developer.You may be given a project single-handedly.Do not expect a good hike.Negotiate good before joining
Pros
Free tea/cofee, cabs for women at night
Cons
Low hike
There are learning opportunities available. But employees have to be proactive to grab them. IBM offers a stable work environment with flexible work options.
Pros
Flexible timings, Work life balance
Cons
Poor compensation/hikes, Managers dont provide enough support for the employee to grow.
IBM is very good company less care about existing employees. Promotion cycle is very prolongated . They are least bother about the salary of existing employees.Work Life balance is fine but depends upon project. HR policies are very strong and everything are very much open. Lots of policies , so employee should know those to survive.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Salary and Growth
IBM will cheer you on, bolster you up, enable you, and equip you to grow and soar at your career path of choice. IBM truly supports the 'growth mindset', here you are given countless resources, training and hands-on learning such as shadowing roles. Truly a 5 out of 5 company!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
You must apply for projects, so it cant be helped that you may feel unemployed at times.
  1. Employee Reviews