IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30 605 reviews
A new environment is more challenging, while you're at it you want to move, there's bottleneck on Managers not allowing you to grow and keeping you stagnant on the same role for their benefit. As an individual you need to understand that you're there to serve at the same time not neglecting your growth and aspirations.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, working outside your prescribed normal hours, taking more responsibilities than what anticipated.
One of the best companies I have worked for. Having said that, stability is an issue as you are always under the gun with whether your will have a job in the coming year or not.
I wasn't at IBM very long coming part of an acquisition but the systemic shift occurring at IBM didn't favor my position in the company. From what I learned while on job is that the company morale is not on par with what it used to be - perhaps it is the changing nature of the IT landscape that led the company here but it is what it is.
Pros
Lots of things to learn, be exposed to and work flexibility
Cons
Not much visibility into how to grow your career
Fue una experiencia increible! y lo recomiendo para todos los que quieran saber mas sobre todas las tecnologias de punta y las mejores metodologias.
Pros
Seguro medico, buen trato, hermoso lugar.
Cons
Exigente
Good place to work at and good for beginners beginnes. Flexible Hours, PTO offered, work from home is approved and available, Good staff at the H.R Department, quick response
Pros
Always hiring
Cons
Healthcare AND no Raise
I am proud to be an iBMer and have had fair to good experience and management is friendly nature. I learnt lot many things. Good work environment and culture. Team mates are very supportive and management is transparent
Was a great place to work until positions became contracted. lost 3 weeks vacation,, had to work outside of the position I was hired for with no experience just to keep job.
This is an alright place to work if you're extremely proactive with networking and your job/career. You need to be okay with changing roles and departments freqeuntly. There are major shifts in company org structure every quarter, which reminds me of shifting chairs on the Titanic. You make your own job security here with the connections you make. I don't recommend for people looking for any measure of consistency or reliability in their employment status.
Pros
Tons of learning opportunities available, set your own hours more or less, and lots of independence.
Cons
No job security, Layoffs every quarter, Your survival at IBM is contingent on making friends with the right people.
Good Company to work and flecibility in work from home options Available depending on the project. usually Managers are good and no micro management done by any of my managers in IBM.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work can be hectic
This is not the place that you want to work if you need stability and benefits. They do not treat their Executive Assistants with any respect and have basically made them all contractors with no benefits after they've worked for the company for over 20 years. The only benefit there is would be working from home.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No Benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Fear of loosing job to outsourcing is constant. Coworkers were great and management in general cared and wanted to support. The Tulsa center staff are great people to work with.
Work culture is Very good. A good learning culture. I worked at IBM full-time for more than a yearProsAmazing work cultureCan learn a lot in short timeConsAs a graduate hire, you don't have an option to choose the domain you want to work in.
The company provides good health care coverage and yearly salary increase. It is unfortunate that your job security is not as secured as it may change due to the re-organization of the management.
Always has been a hallmark of IBM to have employees collaborate on projects, management encourages this at all levels. The Flex time options help employees and our customers loved the flexibility it affords
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Weekend work
Was hired for a system support role but the internal recruiter failed to mention that I would be the sole technician in the entire state for 100+ client locations. Management wasn't even in my time zone, let alone within the state. No training, thrown immediately into a massive ticket backlog.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nonstop stress
First of all let me start by saying in my 3+ years at IBM never once did I encounter a manager or colleague who harassed me or someone else at the company. People are full of integrity, respect, and really do value work-life balance. I worked as a software engineer on the GBS team which was unique in how flexible it was. You need to travel to client sites (at least pre-covid), and my day can range from a couple hours of work to working until 5AM (only happened once or twice though). Not a single manager or product manager ever micro-managed me or made me feel uncomfortable. The 4 stars instead of 5 has to do a bit with the "old school" culture. I was oftentimes pushed to travel to client sites for even just a few days. It was fun the first few times, but after some time it was a waste of time, energy, and money. I felt the justification behind it was mainly around "this is how it always has been" which I think says something about how IBM is a bit "stuck in the times". Regardless, I would recommend IBM as a great place to work, especially to younger candidates early in their career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Old-School mentality
Managers yell at you, stress is high, they couldn't keep the position filled. Nothing you do is ever enough. When I told them I was thinking about what neede to be done next, they just said that meant I wasn't concentrating on the job at hand. Wouldn't recommend working for them to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
IBM used to be a great company, with a strong sense of pride in the quality of products and services they provided. Now, IBM behaves like a desperate start-up, begging for crumbs and willing to lower itself to attempt to compete with the low-price/low-quality competitors.. and failing miserably.If you work at IBM, especially in the services division, you'll be constantly under the threat of layoff, with your job either being eliminated all together or shipped overseas. If you are unlucky enough to survive the latest round of job eliminations, you'll be faced with trying to meet contract obligations with limited resources that are either taking on roles they've never done before with no training, or you'll be expected to step up and take on additional roles for the same compensation. There may be divisions within IBM that aren't cesspools, but the Services division isn't one of them. If you have no other choice, take the job, but plan to keep looking for better opportunities. Trust me, your best day at IBM will be 1000 times worse than your worst day anywhere else!
Pros
It's better than losing your house to foreclosure
Cons
Constant layoffs, expensive healthcare benefits, no tuition benefits, limited advancement opportunities
Great collaboration to achieve a vision. Continuous growth with up-skilling. Free to innovate new things. Work life balance Good trainings work from home facility Global clients
Pros
Continuous growth with up-skilling.
A IBM tem processos lentos e uma forte cultura, contudo defende uma coisa e pratica outra em relação a quase tudo: Deficientes, negros, Lgbt, medidas na pandemia, igualdade de oportunidades e principalmente incentivos à inovação, continuamente perdendo oportunidades no mundo digital e ficando para trás em novas tecnologias e comportamento.
Pros
Plano de compra de medicamentos
Cons
Muitos feudos - gerenciamento totalmente hierarquizado
A professional organization. Overhead burden rates made it difficult to be price competitive with more nimble companies. Able to develop IT solutions to fit unique needs to improve outsourced workflow.
Pros
Easy to become assigned to new roles and opportunities
Cons
Low on pay with limited training.
  1. Employee Reviews