IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

IBM is a great place to work . The work culture is great and having good work life balance. I enjoyed my work during 10 year of service with IBM. During this tenure, i worked with people with great knowledge
IBM teach more help full. willing to teach to learn more IBM related to course. more out door activities. best boot camp. well organize will team/external team meeting.
Pros
Flexible time to work
Cons
No cons
IBM provides cheap IT services to clients who think they will benefit from outsource the service to a 3rd party.The money making is done through their employees. The company will not invest a dime on employees unless clients pay.The plan is to reduce the amount of people to a minimum, have them work 24/7/365 and bill your client.The 40 hours a week will not get you far, no OT pay, your employee ‘ratings’ depends on the free hours you provide and you are compared to your peers every period.only the ones who provide free (many) hours may see salary increases or bonuses that are a joke.over the years, i saw people dropping like flies and rush to a hospital after being overworked.most companies sign the deal with IBM will not renew after realizing they’ve been had.You will find no love for IBM from employees and management alike.unless you have no others option.. keep looking
Pros
item to add to the resume
Cons
too long to count
I really enjoyed my time at IBM Canada. It was a fast pace professional office environment that was fun and rewarding everyday. The pay was fabulous! I wish I still worked there!
dont care about you as a person, fired over 20k people worldwide during global pandemic. I learned that management doesnt care about your career and they fire top performers.
Good place to work, I was motivated every year while I was in IBM. I improved my skills with hands-on working and helped by a lot of colleagues. Most important, the culture and management style was very friendly and open enough for employees to focus on the job and learn. A great place to work with lot's of travel.
I enjoyed my time with IBM Canada. You will have work-life balance with IBM. Most importantly, depend on your department and team culture. IT related position probably will be the best fit.
IBM was a great place to work. My job was full time from home and I was able to do my job mostly autonomously. The management culture was supportive.
Technical aptitude combined with speed of execution when a customer urgently is in need has helped my learn to systematically prioritize requests. Fostered great relationships with the technical team.
Good company to work for. The company has a nice open and approchable culture, and helps with professional and personal development. Perks are good. Learning is great
A great place to work with lot's of travel. Working from home is normal and there are a vast amount of opportunities to grow and learn. A great company culture.
IBM provides a fostering work environment to grow and learn by providing opportunities to work on complex large scale projects for some of the largest clients.
Because IBM is a large company, there is range of skills you can gain. I was asked about the area I want to focus on during onboarding (I said AI/ML), and actually all I worked on was relevant jobs. You'll get true work experience in modern technologies to build solutions for famous big companies.
While the role was rewarding and there is opportunity for advancement, do not trust that you will actually be given a role as promised even if it is in writing. When IBM exercises as "Dumb-Sizing" nobody is safe.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Not the best company to work. Highktstressfuk work with lots of travel every week. Infact you are on toad 4 days a week and home only on weekends till Sunday afternoon. I would not recommend any
Work environment where it is easy to make connections with team and sink in a cynergetic collaboration with your project team members. Organisation is very good with a vendor and delivery management practice.
I enjoyed my time and the team I worked with. Some management was remote so you didn't ever see them so that made it hard to build a relationship with your management team but it is doable if you work out a plan. Hours were flexible so as long your work was project based.
Received service call. schedule onsite meet with the customer. Fixed the problem.Supported Toronto downtown core; managed wide range of customers, from large corporate to medium / small businesses. Led team on special projects and directed schedule for shift rotations and vacation coverage.
Pros
Flexible
While working for IBM, I was a member of an agile marketing team - we were four experts working for the same IBM business. I learnt a lot from my peers. They offer good work life balance - you can work from home if you need to. The most enjoyable part of my job was my team - they were really nice to work with.
Well I worked at different times and different locations , so each locations were different in terms of job/work balance / culture and different management styles at different places
Lot to learn and competitive environment. You can explore multiple roles. Good thing about IBM is they prmote work from home, which help us to maintain better work life balance.