IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Annapolis, MD

Was a great place to work until positions became contracted. lost 3 weeks vacation,, had to work outside of the position I was hired for with no experience just to keep job.
Everyone knows IBM and has opinions about the company. The culture of IBM is still positive and their are many learning opportunities. Internal networking, personal branding, and finding proper mentors is critical to success.
We were a very strong data center before AT&T sold us to IBM. We sat stagnant for a few years, before IBM decided to close the data center. I left us with a very unhealthy work atmosphere.
Poor upper management with a constant change of priority and lack of focus. Lots of wast of money yet would not provide money on things that were needed. Bought companies and ran them into the ground and lose of customers.
Solid company with good pay and benefits. Would recommended employment with this company. Always work to be done whether private or public sector in all parts of the world.
Pros
Good per diem rate
Cons
Most consulting projects allow you to work a 4x10 work week. I end up doing a few hours from home on Fridays as well which is very nice. Most people I work with are very enjoyable to be around as well. The hardest part of the job is managing priorities. Management will often state that something is higher on the priority list while pushing another task.
Pros
4x10 work week.
Cons
Benefits package
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?