IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Boulder, CO

Overall good, some of my leads and managers previously performed the 1st job I performed. High production testing and assembly. Self reliance.Managment was average, numbers / defect driven.People of many backgrounds, most added to success of team / dept goals. MonotonousWorked with many "'characters".
Pros
overtime, credit union, suggestion plans, stock plans, tution refund program, travel
I enjoyed working here. I really felt like I was valued and appreciated as an employee. The management was great and there was also plenty of ways to advance.
Pros
Great cafeteria food, free snacks from the coffee shop
Cons
Nada
IBM management is nowhere to be found and never available when one needed advice or questions answered. There is no training when you get hired. I was let go for being proactive and giving myself work at the beginning of each day.
Pros
Time off when needed
Cons
Communication
For the effort needed pay was very low, not reliable work, eventually closed the call center and farmed it to India , they were nice, flexible and grateful we worked there, many people were so overqualified, phd, in nuclear physics for example 2 separate coworkers is degree.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay
I do enjoy working just 4 days a week, but each day I do work is 7:30am-6:30pm. It is long unrewarding work. Most days I honestly feel like I am teaching a computer literacy class for seniors, half of my calls are from elderly people who have no idea how to operate a computer whatsoever, even though they interact with a pc on a day to day basis. On the occasion I get a genuinely interesting call from somebody who has a genuine problem and have a blast problem solving. But for the most part its older people who just call in already angry because they messed up their computer.
Pros
Good pay, nice schedule
Cons
Unrewarding, long hours
One of the best companies I have worked for. Having said that, stability is an issue as you are always under the gun with whether your will have a job in the coming year or not.
Very good company. Flexible hours and Lunch break. Good Management. An equal Opportunity Employer. Treat very well. Allow work from Home. Clean Environment. Good Management
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch Breaks
During Covid-19 the associate who work here are told to work remotely. This is great if you have decent internet but it does cross over the home and work aspects. While in office everyone is super nice and it's almost always a good time. There are several break areas and even a room where people can relax, play some ping pong, and enjoy themselves. The job itself isn't difficult and the management is always willing to assist or further training if needed. Overall, the place is nice and the people are even nicer.
I enjoyed and gained experience working at IBM. My manager and coworkers were great people. My work load was fair and easy. I made many connections with folks there.
I enjoyed much of my time working at IBM but the end of my career was terrible. The upper management was mediocre for much of the last two executives terms. Assignments were a merry-go-round and IBM squandered its advantage in both customer relationships and provision of service. Its push to disenfranchise experienced workers to cut costs while failing to address really poor executive leadership and execution has rendered it an afterthought in the technology marketplace for much of the areas it competes in.
Pros
Plethora of technologies, good pay packages
Cons
Corporate culture, feckless leadership, clueless board, lack of vision, slow to market
Good company. Excellent training. Difficult to advance from call center.They are constantly changing with the times, which is good. Don't know if any in CA.
The good: Excellent university, great pool of opportunities, global culture. The bad: red tape, pre-established processes that may not fit all situations.
It is difficult to get hired by IBM directly as most employees start as a contractor at low wages. If you are able to get hired by IBM, salary doubles. Contractors hired may not have any IT experience at all.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Treated like cattle
Great work life balance. Wonderful place to be as a contractor while earning college degree credit or languages for advancement. Benefits are great when working to achieve a new life balance and education.
Pros
Great place for innovation and learning gaining experience.
Cons
Very flexible scheduling and ability to remotely access all supported systems and perform various monitoring and maintenance responsibilites. Interact and respond to incident, problem and change management systems and tools.
IBM was an excellent company to work for. CEO and direction changed dramatically. IBM big company you don't get hands on full job. For instant one group admins server other groups set rules and networking so going elsewhere your experience wont be complete.
Pros
Work location work from home. Flexible time off
Cons
Layoffs managemwnt Ceo only care about shareholders
Low pay and disposable people culture in the particular position i was in a healthcare Learning management administrator, defefintely a company where tech support and contract management is a liability.
In my opinion if you're going to be the most expensive then you got to be the best. IBM has a great name in the Enterprise world of computing but is squandering that trying to fit into a more modern Enterprise Computing world that is comprised mostly of software packages and not Hardware.
Great way to get your foot in the door, but I saw people get fired left and right. People who were about to get their tenure got fired months before. Office went from about 300 to 50 people and accounts were left with no one to govern them.
I always had something to do. At the time of my employment it was the busiest time of the year and required a lot of over time. Where this was good for the paycheck, I also lived an hour away from the site. You do the math. Because overtime was required, they did provide many hot meals. While management had a job to do, they were still fun and laid back. I would work here again if I lived much closer to the site.
Fun to work there, with a great team that took time to work and teach you at the same time. I enjoyed this company, which it was a permanent position and not a contract job.