IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Hampton, VA

IBM was the first career job I had out of college. It was happy to find a job at a big company where I thought as a fish in a big pond I'd have room to excel. What I discovered about IBM is that they are extremely penny-pinching when it comes to work and compensation. As a Global Business Services employee I was expected to work at least 44 hours, sometimes as much as 60 hours, and was still expected to work on proposals on the side. I was never able to obtain any promotions, raises, or bonuses at the company except by deliberately switching to a different departments.
Pros
work remotely, well recognized company
Cons
long work hours, difficult to advance, outdated technologies
Great place to work for new IT professionals. The culture is very competitive. The company expects you to be promoted every couple of years and if you don't then you employment could be at risk.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Not very good job security
The environment was fun and fast paced. The management was great and dependable. The co workers was helpful and diverse. I was working with largest learning site in the army. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others and resolving the issue users were encountering.
Pros
fast paced and high energy