IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Hopewell Junction, NY

Typical day at work is to meet with team lead first thing in the mornings to find out what is priority. Was product able to get shipped & if not why, then to make sure my shift continue in getting products out for our customers. Assign work for operators, making sure productions are complete & shipped on time. Hopefully there would not be problems like tool issues, shortage of workers, etc.. If all go'es well, contracts are met and production is done & sent to customers.
IBM recognize their hard working employees. Culture at IBM is as you are working for your own family. You won’t feel that you are outsider once you get hired the treatment is like you are part of them they treat you with so much of respect. Management is fair they listen to you of you have and concerns or ideas. Co-workers are very nice and helpful you feel you are working among your family members. They all treat you with respect and very professional. IBM is my all time favorite place to work! I Love IBM!
Pros
Good compensation/positive work environments/treat you with respect/ great Benifits
Cons
Work days were very busy. I learned many different skills and systems during my time at IBM. The management team I worked for was great. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with co-workers and the management teams at IBM.
Pros
Flexible work hours for personal life events
Cons
health care cost
I was lucky to have a great manager right out of college. He was highly supportive in what I was interested in and found great mentorship opportunities for me within the firm. We had many collaborative projects with Yorktown, and that further broadened my technical horizon. Unfortunately the division was a target for divestiture and that it why I ended up leaving the company.
A great place to work and learn. Always surrounded by intellectual engineers who are willing to share their experience and learning. High expectations and good work life balance.
Management is overstaffed, micromanages terribly. Only recourse for employee is through your management team which means if they are the problem you have no one to talk to or address issues with. Managers with zero experience in a department are regularly offered the job over someone with tremendous experience. Longer your in the company the harder it is to be promoted and receive raises. Constantly adding to job duties with no corresponding salary increases for often doing multiple job positions.
Cons
In general, IBM is a really good place if you want to learn work in a place where you can learn new technologies. Their pay pay at least when you start is competitive. However, unless you get a very high rating during the annual review your pay increase will be small or none. There is a lot of very smart people there and it is very hard to get the best rating unless your manager really like you. That is unfortunate because you can have an entire department that is very smart and it comes down to a judgement call in terms of who gets a higher rating. The culture in general is good. However, there are constant turnover because of the annual layofff's.
Pros
Good initial compensation. Good culture at the line level.
Cons
Hard to get a good rating. Lots of layoff's.
It was a very challenging and rewarding place to work. It's a great company to work for. You meet interesting people and it's always a learning experience.
Pros
Learning knew and fascinating processes.
Cons
Long hours and challenging procedures.
Great place to do fundamental development for advanced technology. Great collaborative environement and working culture. Innovation was encouraged and rewarded.
IBM used to be a great company to work for. Now there are layoffs every quarter. Forget about a yearly bonus. The work was fun and I learned a lot . Too bad they are getting out of the hardware business.
It has nice work culture and very well aligned management. there is always enough to learn at the work place. Though, at this point electronics division is being given to GF.
It was good to work at IBM. I like work flexibility, culture and many things at IBM. I will recommond IBM for a work and their product. Great people, culture and company.
IBM was an interesting job to have as a new college graduate hire. Every qtr we underwent layoffs. It was very intimidating to see but also allowed me to understand the nature of corporate america.
Pros
life skills
Cons
layoffs
Utter lack of integrity among management. Toxic environment where solid engineering takes a back seat to cronyism and incompetence in management. Did I mention that the management team was singularly execrable ?
Pros
No longer work there.
Cons
Worked extremely hard for 30 years with nothing to show for it.
The first half of my employment with IBM was gratifying. While they focused on the needs of the business, they also focused on employee gratification and were geared toward supplementing a family oriented culture. Due to a shift in the competitive nature of the business, IBM shifted its focus to the needs of the business and transformed its workplace culture to a very cutthroat environment causing workplace turmoil that consisted of backstabbing, pay cuts, no overtime, and a reduction in benefits.
IBM is a great company. People are very nice, and the company has a great history. Middle management could be a tad more focused. Wish the company made some offices closer to NYC or in NJ.
Goid work environments because coworkers work as team Good benefit Goid learning opportunities Lare company with many opportunities Moving lateraly is easy but miving up is challenging Long working hrs
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
Long hrs
High Stress Great and Advance technology "the creation of computer chips" They didn't have a fair way to evaluate an employees worth. okay working equipment in multiple location in an extremely large Fab. when we were allowed to work overtime. then salary was comfortable
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Working the holidays
When there is an injury at IBM they don't relocate you for another area to satisfy the needs of a worker due to a doctors note. otherwise it was great working at the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I worked at IBM for 28 years and it was always so fun to work there. Work atmosphere is so good. Management is great and very helpful. Good benefits , very good salary and 401k plan .
Pros
vacation, 401k, salary
Cons
Good benefits and pay. Management lets you do your job and doesn't get too involved. Stressful at times. They own your time. On-call 24 hours a day. Great people to work with.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Always have the threat of being layed off surrounding you.
  1. Hopewell Junction, NY