IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Hopewell Junction, NY

Typical day at work is to meet with team lead first thing in the mornings to find out what is priority. Was product able to get shipped & if not why, then to make sure my shift continue in getting products out for our customers. Assign work for operators, making sure productions are complete & shipped on time. Hopefully there would not be problems like tool issues, shortage of workers, etc.. If all go'es well, contracts are met and production is done & sent to customers.
Advance leading tech corporation national and international , as a retired IBMers it was honored working with this top black dog corporation and friendly enviroment .
The general working environment is good. Good team working and cooperating culture. Strong leadership in the organization and good compensation and other benefits.
rewards people who makes lots of noise and can't really do anything, instead of rewarding the people who really knows how to do things. replace knowledgeable and experienced but expansive people with cheap but very green people. that was the real source of their downturn.
IBM is a great Company and treats every Employee very fairly. They have all the Benefits a company would ever need. Competitive pay and rewards and incentives for Ideas and hard work.
Pros
They trust in thier Employees
Cons
Limited Growth
Before all the layoffs it was a great place to work. Great management and great co workers always willing to help. Never a problem when you are sick and great benefits.
Very productive and comfortable environment. Good team work. Opportunities to grow. Diverse team and creative environment. Management team is excellent and tried to solve the problems
Pros
creative and good environment
Cons
Your job is always hanging in the balance, never know from one day to the next if you are going to be let go. Many people have been let go and all the responsibilities left behind go on the employees left which makes things even worst.
• Responsible for regularly maintaining WIP and Cycle Time for Development Wafers in a fully automated CLEAN clean room atmosphere as well as in Warehouse (shipping and receiving) • Dis-positioning Wafer Lots after Final SEM Measurement (operating Scanning Electron Microscopes) Tools as necessary using SPC and processing Job Lots according to various operations. • Authoring and Implementing LEAN Manufacturing Standards and Concepts to reduce Cycle Time while maintaining superior quality.
Pros
loved the compressed 12 hour shifts
Cons
Nights was challanging
Perfect. Provide Technical support, system maintenance, problem determination, root cause analysis, system changes and 24x7 on-call for 100+ external and internal customer LPARs. Training led to IBM Privileged Access, ITAR, and HIPAA certifications. Received Service Excellence Award for emergency implementation of security maintenance over the Christmas Holiday when short staffed.
Meeting with my co- managers then meeting with my techs,checking the dailey shedules and do my walk thru to say hello to my employees also to ask them if there is anything I could do to make their assignments better or just to see how they are doing.Sometime schedules are hard tomeet but we did 85% of the time and the good part is making those schedules and rewarding the employees when appropriate.
IBM was always employee -centric. They understood the benefits of a content working staff and they worked diligently to ensure the employees were well trained, well treated and well paid.
Pros
A wonderful management style
Cons
I wish I could still be working for them.
Job Work Life Balance is good, Compensation Benefits is poor, Job Culture is good, Job Security Advancement is fair. Management is good.
Best thing in this site is the flexible working environment, but poor people management and poor compensation.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lots of meetings, no bonus
IBM provides much opportunity to work on different projects in semiconductor R&D. Work culture is great. A lot friendly and smart engineers and scientists around. I learned much about semiconductor fundamentals and fabrication processes, as well as product development activities.
I was in a global department providing security services to US and International clients. A typical day is extremely high pace and demanding. It is an in office open cubicle environment so team interaction happens all day. The hardest part about the job is the high volume of clients and their daily tasks ranging from high severity issues, projects, to business as usual. It is never slow, and the amount of people on the team do not add up to the workload. This is challenging, but rewarding for skills in the end.
very challenging teamwork challenging task everyday good compensation
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing
Working for International Business Machines was a very rewarding career. I would like to be involved with that work environment for my next full or part-time position, as I have had many years with IBM starting with Manufacturing and working my way to Engineering Technician. I have had experience with Poughkeepsie, NY, IBM production line and also a failure analysis laboratory. When I transferred to IBM in the East Fishkill, NY, site, I then learned the world of semiconductor manufacturing and worked with development engineering on new products and also took on additional responsibilities throughout my career.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and expand one's knowledge base.
Opportunity to work w/ some really smart people...great work/life balance
Prestigious company with strong culture and values. Excellent place to learn and grow technically. Very strong heritage and still a current power house in semiconductor research and development. Leading company globaly in issued patents. Great work life balance. Solid management. However IBM corporation has been seeking to reduce dependence on hardware and focus more on software and services business. Therefore the future of IBM microelectronics division is somewhat foggy.
Pros
technical career path, work life balanace, learning opportunities
Cons
healthcare benefits
HR is not an employee advocate any more. Management do not care for the employees. Executives are not following the founding principles. And pay is below average. Started as having a career. Had changed to just a job after the big 1993 layoffs, and now just a paycheck.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
Below average pay
  1. Hopewell Junction, NY