IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Hopewell Junction, NY

Typical day at work is to meet with team lead first thing in the mornings to find out what is priority. Was product able to get shipped & if not why, then to make sure my shift continue in getting products out for our customers. Assign work for operators, making sure productions are complete & shipped on time. Hopefully there would not be problems like tool issues, shortage of workers, etc.. If all go'es well, contracts are met and production is done & sent to customers.
Friendly atmosphere and opportunity to learn and grow. Great Work-life balance.
Gives you many opportunities. you meet alot of great and knowledgeable people.
Lean manufacturing / job instruction training Trained in chemical safety, lockout/tag-out, hazard communication Forklift/power vehicle certified
Interesting place to work. consistently gain knowledge of operating systems. fun and helpful co-workers. Fast paced during production deadlines, Excellent and fair management. Great team.
The software and hardware products are excellent. R&D produces great innovations. The people are excellent.
I liked everything about this job. The reason I want to leave is to find a position where I can make a greater contribution. I found that I was encouraged to develop specialized skills and I would like to find a position that would allow me to contribute far more in different areas.
Great company, but battling the issues all U.S. based businesses are... can't afford to manufacture here anymore, so let's not.
Pros
the People
Fun place to work, highly intellectual, smart, Good work life balance
Pros
Fun, challenging, good work life balance
Cons
Failure Analysis is fun like a puzzle when finding defects.
I work 12 hour night shifts. I have acquired an abundance of knowledge in the field of electrical engineering. Management is inadequate. Hardest part of the job is simply boredom, the company's tools are down on a regular basis. About 40% of the time. I enjoy the work I do and learning more about computer chip development.
Pros
Cons
compensation
I received exceptional training in every aspect of my career. Extremely talented engineering team.
Pros
Excellent Benefits. Exceptional Talent
Great group of people - a second family. Coworkers and management great to work with.
We are a team of malware specialists. We design and maintain anti-virus solutions for large enterprises. We back each other up. We are always ready to mobilize in the event of a critical situation with one of our customers. My manager is the greatest I have ever had the pleasure of working for. I enjoy the fast-paced challenging environment because I am always learning new things.
Pros
ability to work at home occasionally. excellent benefits. free career training.
Cons
i only get to do anti-virus. i would like to do more server, database and networks.
worked at IBM for 4 years. I was laid off because department moved to Canada.
  1. Hopewell Junction, NY