IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews in Lansing, MI

Great customer base, plenty of opportunity to work of many accounts. Great place for continued education and working with diverse groups globally. Overall great place to work.
Cream of the crop professionals with an excellent work ethic along with totally relevant assignments. Realistic assignments are the norm while deadlines aren’t prioritized over results. Lucky to be part of it.
Working for the company and with the people were a great opportunity and it's been one of the most eye opening experiences that one can be a apart of .
Productive and fun place to work. It was a stimulating experience working on multiple projects for different clients traveling to multiple clients' locations.
worked from home and treated like a professional. Management didn't care what you were doing and when, so long as you got the job done. Great place to work
Pay was extremely low nothing else mattered. So many women cried because of the low pay it was deheartening. Many promises of higher pay for all of us but nothing came. Was there two years and many of us had master's degrees and four or more years of experience earning only forty thousand a year!!!
Pros
Hours or work
Cons
Pay and management
A good place to work as long as you could be kept billable to external clients. Opportunities to travel should you like it.Colleagues all try to help one another on the same projects, good cooperative environment.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
longer work weeks, much travel required, pace can get hectic
A good job to "cut your teeth", but little opportunity to advance without moving into management. There was always a multitude of different challenges to face and this kept the job interesting. Oversight could sometimes be overbearing, yet is to be expected in an entry level position.
IBM provided lot of training to develop my career. I attended couple courses and I also joined couple projects which I learned lot from them. Practice Agile development and IBM Bluemix were the best things that I have learned.
I enjoyed the challenges and successfully completing all my projects. I learned a lot. The IBMers I worked with were helpful, patient and understanding. My co-workers were great. My management team was excellent and very supportive.
Pros
No limit to learning. IBM has many ways for one to learn
Worst place I've ever worked in 30 yrs of IT, thought it might improve but didn't. Very inexperienced management, no values or ethics. Model was created to bring offshore IT support back to US which was being demanded by US clients. Positions filled with inexperienced college graduates and H1B workers. They wound up adapting an offshore culture and utilized offshore workers as well. US companies want on-shore support.This is a viable opportunity but IBM just doesn't get it. The older US experienced workers they hired are being replaced by H1B workers.
Pros
Cost competative
Cons
mismanagement of a good opportunity.
Great place to work with good people. Management is hands off as long as you are on a project. But don't expect to do the job you applied for. Applied for entry level Java app developer position and has done little to no development and I was the lucky one as for application development. Others in my group that hired in with me for the same position hasn't done any development. Which may be ok for some but definitely not ok if you have aspirations of becoming a software engineer.
Pros
Decent pay and hours
Cons
May not be doing the job promised.
I enjoyed working for EDS - as long as I was employed. But when they started lay off people, they took away severance benefit. I got nothing.
Pros
Cons
EDS is gone - managers did not knw what they were doing and killed the corp.
It was a very team oriented environment.It was really a great place to work.
First experience with a multi national company. Priceless experience in business and demeanor.
My typical week is flying to the headquarters of the client I am working for and collaborating with executives to help customize on configure the SAP software. We hold several meetings and address any issues that could arise along the business pipeline.
Pros
deal with a lot of different people in a fast paced atmosphere
Cons
100% travel
Our days were very busy, but great. I loved working with the other IBMers. I learned about computers, ordering equipment, invoicing, working directly with customers and employees. Management is great! Very supportive and encouraging. I loved my job there, great place to work!
Pros
the benefits
Cons
there really weren't any.