IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

IBM is a good job for anyone that is trying to get their foot in the door. As for long term, the company lacks the ability to take care of their employee's. Year after year more is expected from you but never rewarded for what you have done in the past.
The company itself is a solid company. Sometimes the quotas and metrics are hard to attain and adhere to. Like all companies, they have their favorites.
this job is interesting, an interesting job it is. I do office related work and I like it, could be better though, hopefully can work at this job for longer.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Always has been a hallmark of IBM to have employees collaborate on projects, management encourages this at all levels. The Flex time options help employees and our customers loved the flexibility it affords
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Weekend work
Was hired for a system support role but the internal recruiter failed to mention that I would be the sole technician in the entire state for 100+ client locations. Management wasn't even in my time zone, let alone within the state. No training, thrown immediately into a massive ticket backlog.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nonstop stress
IBM based in Cracow, Poland is not a good place for Ukrainian women. I felt too much pressure at work, had much more tasks than other coworkers and was overwhelmed with work.
Pros
I could improve my German language working there and had few trainings.
Cons
Almost no breaks, not fair work devision between workers in the team.
Eat up any training you can get for you next job!All they want is cheap laborNot a place where you will be able to move up(heard that from a teamlead meeting)My teammates would always say negative things about the companyTeamlead is a straight forward guy and would always tell me to just keep your eye out for a better job ibm doesn't want long term workersUpper management is absolute TRASH, they have no clue what really goes on out in the field.Lexington "office" is TRASH, sit in a room with no windows and its too small for 5-6 people. 100% NOT A PROFESSIONAL WORK PLACE!Watch where you step going to the restrooms or just anywhere in the building, cause you might step in human S@#T. I wish I was joking about that!
Pros
Free trips to different states, Free trainings, Co-Workers were cool
Cons
Pay, Benifits, Work palce and office, Upper management
the job would be mostly stressful. management would play favorites, so you were either in or out not much in between management would not always be truthful
Pros
decent salary
I worked with IBM for three and the half years. Very professional n friendly environment. Fun activities on friday.Good salary and incentive.Management was also very supportive.
not a bad gig. don't let them fool you into thinking its a career, as you'll get resourced if your too smart or too old or too expensive. pay is low and stays there, management will not GIVE you a raise, you have to fight or threaten to leave before they pony up any dough. there are guys that have been here 40 years and still haven't cracked 60k.work is easy, mostly driving and some (not much) fixing stuff. paperwork is important, more important than actually accomplishing something. IBM really stands for "I'm By Myself" this will be a problem for some, and others (like me) will really enjoy it. you can kinda set your hours and pace... sorta, really, its more like they don't care as long as tickets are getting closed.You'll rarely interact with your team though the course of your day. in-person meetings are very rare.management is always chasing the latest shiny new metric. they'll harp endlessly about the dumbest things. simultaneously, they are utterly incapable of taking care of important business like an employee that habitually skips work or cheats IBM. but, thankfully, management will mostly leave you alone unless you're a screw up.
Pros
they mostly leave you to your business.
Cons
management is clueless, pay is low, and there is always pressure to do things out of working hours.
This was a great work experience. Wonderful people and fun place to learn and grow. A lot of opportunities available. Team work is a valuable asset for all employees
Pros
Close membership
Cons
I don’t have any cons
I do not give perfect grade for survey. I always give leeway in giving score. Working with IBM is worth it as they give you the opportunity to develop the skills within you as based on your work experiences. And if they find that you have hidden talent they will develop them.
Parts of the company are still great however there is an over reliance on the matrix structure resulting in bloated management that rarely provides actual leadership. There are brilliant and talented people but often they live in fear of the next reorg eliminating their positions. Reorgs often take place without any apparent regard for how it will impact current customers or future technology requirements. Rather than cut headcount, reskilling and retraining would be less damaging to intellectual capital and organizational knowledge.
Pros
Talented people
Cons
Capricious adherence to commissions plan
This place is stress-free and they work very well with each individual to make sure their work/home/uni life is balanced. They cater to Uni students very well.
Pros
Company laptop
Cons
Very little career progression assistance
Working in a big organization is not something to emphasise, especially dealing with people from different works of life, is something I enjoy given targets and expected to meet up gives you a whole sense of responsibility and also increases your potential.
Pros
Well, one of the advantages of working in a team is that, you get tolearn faster than you would alone
Cons
One of the disadvantages of team work is, many times, descision takes a longer time unnecessary issues are discussed when they should not have.
Sunt încântat să spun mai multe despre locul de munca, dar acum nu este momentul potrivit.
I love to work and work with a lot of people in new roles working with new people. Leaning from people so I can become the best I can be. Im a role player
Pros
working with good pepole
Cons
healthcare
HR were terrible to deal with, with exception of one person who was genuine and left before me due to terrible conditions. Treated like a second class behing actual IBM staff. Didnt receive any benefits. Was like torture to work there, pay was nowhere near enough and management only cared about the stats they needed not the staff
Worked as customer service executive for 1 year Worked in the process of jet airways in india Roles and Responsibilities Handling customer queries and complaints Ensuring customer satisfaction
A Challenging Job with good Compensation.A very supportive Technical Support.No question about overtime if the main purpose or objective is Customer Satisfaction
Bad management. Horrible care or concern for employees. I wouldn't recommend IBM to my worst enemy. They just do not care about their employees or customers.
  1. Customer Service Representative