IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Data Analyst

Great company to work and have a good work life balance, transition to new roles is difficult. compensation is not upto the mark however benifit are great.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New opportunities are less.
IBM provided guidance and mentorship in a continuously learning environment that promoted innovation to clients. All projects are different but every project and training, you learn something new.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Pay
Its a good company to work, you can manage your personal life as well as work life balanced. You can have very good learning opportunities in the company to upgrade your skills.
As an IBM Consultant, you have to be prepared to travel. This can be tiring at times and most consultants become accustomed to hotel life. I had really good managers and team overall, however, the on boarding process can be long, especially with getting equipment.
well.. online mandatory courses as in any other big company. Daily job depends what position you have in IBM, but generaly it is OK. Most enjoyable part was when I was working homeoffice 50% of the time, but then they cancelled it so it sucked hard...
good experience in general but with less growth. it honestly just depends on your management and leads, along with the kind of project you receive and get to learn from it.
It is good to work for such company where you have work and personal life balance but, at the same time, we want our job security which was missing in our team.
Most enjoyable, laid back environment and strong technical minority staff I've ever worked with in over 17 years. Decent folks to work with. It had it's fair share of challenges but with any job that's just how it is. You learn to "overcome" and "work thru" your issues.
Various people with various backgrounds. The management I met was poor and I was only assigned basic work. Good work-life balance though. The clients in Beijing are all government-related, which was terrible for me.
Work place and employees are friendly. Management is great and supportive in all aspects. I suggest to more focus on data and analysis part of the projects taken. Management driven company.
Very good work life balance but innovation has to go through several layers of management. Changes are rapid in recent times due to declining revenue of company
Worklife balance is very good, You can have Work from home option, You can learn many things from Your Learning portal But management is not good, No appreciations
IBM only cares about the bottom line and money and not about their loyal, dedicated and qualified employees! Since they allow you to work from home they expect you to work during your vacation and even sometimes when you’re sick.
Pros
Vacation time off, work from home
Cons
Lay-off US employees no matter how qualified just to hire India personnel!, Expect you to work on your vacation time.
Working in the Insurance sector, I really enjoyed my work. But the work is monotonous and I had to push myself to learn other technologies to keep with the job market and new technologies
It's great to be part of the big company, and see everything in actions. IBM is great opportunity, and I believe that this experience will help me in the future.
My job was ok. I came from another background and it was totally different than what he job description stated. I think management needs an overhaul and more opportunities should be provided for everyone.
Pros
Work and life balance. Several days off
Cons
Stagnated and not stable
IBM provided a great opportunity to gain data analysis knowledge, providing several challenges in improving work efficiencies. There were several projects to streamline the data analysis process as well as automate it. They included designing and implementing procedures that would help the functions of the data analyst. The company had a great workplace culture although the management somewhat felt lacking in direction. They would sometimes give conflicting instructions to implement taks and achieve goals. A typical day at work would include performing analysis on on incoming data to ensure compatibility with the company's own data format. When there was no new incoming data, then maintenance was done on existing systems to improve efficiencies. I acquired SQL knowledge as well learning the functions of the company as well as structure of the company, identifying the different system processes. The job had great benefits, salary and would always take care of the personal needs of the employees.
Pros
Great benefits, Salary.
Cons
Management lacked clear sense of direction.
Narrow minded, limited training, no team building. The hardest part of the job is tolerating the conflicting personalities, to many people just out for themselves.
Pros
Good discount on shoes
Cons
No life always at work
Good team eviroment ... Contract house was WONDERFUL !!! Easy Work environment great staff and team management was very caring and responsive to employee needs
Fortunate to be part of a friendly work environment as it makes challenges coming our way a fun. A variety of skill set within team helps grow individually.
100 Years of Company , Well executed system end to end. Advanced working technique used . System build get from the Employee 100% productive . Over all it is great place for work
Pros
Work life balance