IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Data Scientist

This is an alright place to work if you're extremely proactive with networking and your job/career. You need to be okay with changing roles and departments freqeuntly. There are major shifts in company org structure every quarter, which reminds me of shifting chairs on the Titanic. You make your own job security here with the connections you make. I don't recommend for people looking for any measure of consistency or reliability in their employment status.
Pros
Tons of learning opportunities available, set your own hours more or less, and lots of independence.
Cons
No job security, Layoffs every quarter, Your survival at IBM is contingent on making friends with the right people.
Great Company! I worked on Many NLP Prajects, Amazing opportunieties! I really love IBM and It is great school for learning and improving yourself. I suggest working here.
The internship was great and IBM has many opportunities to socialize with other co-ops. They have workshops around IBM Watson and you can also take online courses with IBM and you get badges for every course you complete. I did their data science badges. I really enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone pursuing a career in Data Science.
Pros
Great learning platform and workshops
Cons
Some managers prefer more of a Laissez-faire approach -won't periodically check on their interns
Projects are not always interesting but you can learn a lot. My colleagues were very nice and skillful, it was a pleasure to work with them. IBM France was a good company but they are not hiring junior anymore. They offered me a position at IBM Interactive. It looks like IBM France but the salary is not that good, the management is pretty bad (the recruiter told me that they don't want to hire PhD because they don't fit in the industry. The guy who was supposed to be my manager put pressure on me to work for IBM Interactive. It took them several months to offer me a position after my internship)
A nice place to work. People are receptive and helpful. A typical day would include a lot of learning, and a pleasant lunch with colleagues. I developed my team work skills, as long as data science and consultancy. The feedback culture is really nice, and can help one to become a better employee and also a better person.
Good working culture Good work life balance good team work and collaboration more scope for invent and innovate encouragement for upskilling Overall it is a great place to work
the gain of experience and problems solving ethics power of knowledge all I learned through the process was great and a lot of pieces of information that help me gain strong analytics skills and validation of Data
Pros
Remote
Cons
complicated process
Lot of travelling around the country which wasn't suitable for me. Opportunity to develop your skills as there are vast room for improvement. Its great company to work for if you don't have a family and not open to travel long distance
I have been working for IBM for 20 years, and i has been an excellent place to work. I have the support of my management to pursue my passion. Work hours can be long, but they accommodate you if personal life requires attention.
Good work Environment. Work culture is superb and Work From Home is available. The pay depends upon your skills and experience. Overall, 80/100 rating.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
there are lots of opportunities and learning options. Different types of projects so you can eventually find a project in which you're interested. consulting part requires lots of travel
I have been working at IBM full-time (More than 3 years) Good Points :- 1) Work From Home 2) Flexible timings 3) Transparent and trustworthy leadership Negative :- 1)Salary issue
Ping pong tables and agile workplace is a nice building to work in. The soda machine and snack bar is a big benefit. The people are Minnesota nice and pleasant to be around.
IBM is an amazing place to work at with offices all over the world. One can easily interact with everyone there and exchange ideas, knowledge and information. It is a company where constant churning of ideas and innovative work is taking place making it a very lucrative company to grow your talents.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours and Job Safety
Cons
No free coffee
Good Company. International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries.
IBM has it's own culture which works well for big blue. I started my career in IT at the help-desk and navigated to my last position of Service Delivery Manager. Tons of opportunity if you are willing to adapt to change. Very talented people to collaborate with.
Collabrative. 9am to 6pm. Good online community and opportunities to study. I joined a blockchain study community and learned a lot there. Opportunities to learn new technology.
Company has a lot of focus on analytics side and cool place to work for a data geek. I personally worked on internal and external use cases of IBM and involved in some international projects.
It varies team to team and project to project. My people manager was really nice. He was approachable and concerned about my personal as well professional growth.
IBM is one of the oldest companies in the IT sector with strong values that has helped it to evolve and survive for such a long time. The workplace environment is great, with supportive co-workers and managers. The strict laws and regulations ensure that no office harassment cases occur. The company offers great exposure by offering work on international projects.
IBM was late into some technologies and is paying the price. While middle management is very good, upper management is not. Very smart people, in general, but new hires are a bit scary.