IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Manufacturing Technician

I enjoyed the people i worked it with. very good mix of cultures learned alot about different people.management was cool had some bad ones for the most part great. hardest part was staying up some nights but mostly good.
Morning - clean workplace Practice 5s. - read email & wait for new order - if there is a followup from previous shift, continue to complete the job Learned how to assemble servers. Learned about teamwork & how to work as a team Well its a good place to work, well managed by my supervisor. Work is equally divided to every individual Nothing hard in the job unless forget to fix something earlier. Later have to teardown in order to install that part The most enjoyable part of the job will be completing the job before end of shift.
Pros
lunch gatering 3 months once
Cons
A typical manufacturing job. Really liked my job until they moved manufacturing overseas and I lost my job. Only good thing was I was able to go back to school.
Peoples from all over the world (countries such as Malaysia, China, India, Philippines, Europe, USA, Indonesia, Japan, etc) are working in this company.
The first half of my employment with IBM was gratifying. While they focused on the needs of the business, they also focused on employee gratification and were geared toward supplementing a family oriented culture. Due to a shift in the competitive nature of the business, IBM shifted its focus to the needs of the business and transformed its workplace culture to a very cutthroat environment causing workplace turmoil that consisted of backstabbing, pay cuts, no overtime, and a reduction in benefits.
I worked at IBM in manufacturing for several years. Its a solid place to work with advancement potential. If you are not educated and looking for a decent job with okay benefits its not bad.
IBM was the best job I ever had.While at my job I learn how to operate the x-ray machine and trained other employees from different departments to operate this machine to check for particles.I also received awards for this training.
Pros
At times we would have parties because our department dida great job.
Cons
Management would give you breaks also.
IBM was the best job I ever had. I taught me the meaning of real team effort, how to schedule and work flow. Quality was truly built there from the ground up.
Pros
Good compensation, pleasant working environment
Cons
None that come to mind
Clean environment ...high tech machines to keep you on point. Management was strong with great leadership skills. Learning something new every day.
Pros
High Tech.
Cons
couldn't wait to get to work, everyone was one big happy family I learned to be more productive co-worker was awesome management was even more awesome, the hardest part was I would be leaving it was temporary the most enjoyable was team work.
Pros
team work
Cons
short breaks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
This work is very special to me - This job happened when I really need to work.
Pros
IBM is big company
Cons
Shorts breaks
a typical day of work at the IBM (Manpower)was running tools,computer working and processing computer ships,set up and operate machinery in the clean room.,perform production duties in a clean room environment.IT Was a 12 hours shift.the management was excellent and my relations with my co-workers it was great
Pros
2 hours lunch and two 15 minutes breaks