Here to help

IBM Employee Reviews for PHP Developer

PHP Developer5 reviews
South Africa5 reviews
4,0
It was fun to work at ibm, i was given an opportunity to experience both the working environment aswell as the classroom environment , i worked on various projects that where mainly for school pupils, e-learning applications
3,0
I learned the important steps taken in creating a functional system. our project was divided into different modules and different teams.

From this I learned that every one in a team has to out in effort to ensure the project's success.
4,0
work hours were on point no overtime.It thought me a lot and really help expend my skill as a developer/programmer,and has made me realize that i can accomplish a lot if given the time and opportunity. The management was good just had some misunderstandings at times. The hard part was working with a team and having to meet the deadlines which were short notice. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and the experience.
Pros
free education
Cons
The work load was to much to handle.
5,0
A typical day at work would be getting there on time. When I get to my work station I immediately start doing some work on the project that we are currently doing. I have my tea time for 15 minutes and my lunch for 1 hour. I have gained many skills, I can do UML diagrams, I am able to develop a database from scratch using SQL or MySQL. I have gained skills in designing and developing and designing a website using various programming languages and technologies which include: JavaScript, HTML5, PHP5, MySQL and CSS. I also learned communication skills, how to present myself so people can take more seriously and my message to be delivered. Management is not an easy job, it requires one to have people's skills and be strict and making sure that everyone delivers on time and is motivated to carry out his tasks the way they should be carried out. The hardest part of the job is making sure that the website you are developing meets the user requirements specification. The most enjoyable part of the job is coding itself and and testing to see how your website looks like and what more you can add. My co-workers are fun to work with, we learn a lot from each other as we all have different approaches and tactics. We work well in teams and able to coomunicate well with each other.
Pros
my fellow employees are great to work with, i am taken seriously as an individual in such a way that i am treate dlike a professional
Cons
the work hours are too long
4,0
I love to programme and IBM has provided me with the best experience
Pros
1 hour
Cons
3 hour
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?