IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Production Technician

High Stress Great and Advance technology "the creation of computer chips" They didn't have a fair way to evaluate an employees worth. okay working equipment in multiple location in an extremely large Fab. when we were allowed to work overtime. then salary was comfortable
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Working the holidays
Long hours and worked nights. I was so tired all the time and on my days off I would sleep all day. I had no life but the money was good at the time. Close to home.
Pros
good money
Cons
Work day: Clock in Get assignment Do assignment, repeat Clock out Learned: Speed, accuracy, strive to perfection, accountability, responsibility Management: My manager was one of the best in the world. We loved him. Co-workers: "College kids" who were smart, and very fast. Hardest: Meeting speed and quality expectations together. Distance from home was to far for driving every day. Enjoyable: Best manager ever, great co-workers, salaried pay, glass wall
Pros
Great manager, salaried pay, co-workers, glass wall view outside
Cons
To far from home
had various job from maintaining equipment to Technical engineering support. Debug test programs and various test equipment. Order parts and design test fixtures.
Pros
great work enviorment
Cons
worked nights
Maintaining and repairing complex machinery at the Chem Mech Polish including mechanic, electric, hydraulic, pneumatic systems. Preventive maintenance.
exposure to new career learn about the build/manufacturing of semiconductors great mgr team
Pros
Able to take technical classes
Cons
overtime
If you can get away with just being a number in a large corporation, this is your place. You are just to do your job and continue about your day. If it wasn't for massive layoffs I would also still be there.
IBM was A job i enjoyed and wish I still had.....Very Competitive..Fast paced
Pros
Learn every aspect of semiconductor technology
Cons
N/a
on8 scale from 1 to 10.I would rate them 8.5 to work for.The co-workers were great to work for, they worked as a teamto get the job done.Management was always there to help you with things.The hardest part of the job was working the night shift 11pm- 7amThe most enjoyable part of the job learning the process of the task to compete the job, co-workers worked together to complete the task at hand.
Pros
great job, good co-workers working together.
Cons
overnight shift.