IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Program Manager

Availability of Tools for Bi development, Program Management Work aids Tremendous institutional knowlege Tech Savy resources Cutting edge research
Pros
Tech Savvy, Forward looking workforce
Cons
Work life balance
Not a pleasant place to work. Constant downsizing. Was more focus on not growing their US team. I wouldn't recommend IBM to any new college kid that I mentor
One of the best companies I have worked for. Having said that, stability is an issue as you are always under the gun with whether your will have a job in the coming year or not.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at IBM are were good. Until the contract rate kept getting cut. Which resulted in a lower.permanent rateJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at IBM, I think there wasn't muchManagementIn general, managers at IBM were goodCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at IBM was great, since I only worked oneaccountOverallMy experience working at IBM cannot be assessed as a permanent employee, since I only had this status for less than 3 months. As a 5 year contractor, my experience was goid
IBM used to be a premier company to work for. But over time, with the pressures of competition, it became a less desirable place to work. Restructurings and layoffs were around every corner. The politics of keeping a job became more of a concern than doing one’s job. I am not sure how that decline could have been avoided. It was just sad and unfortunate to experience. Leaving IBM after 25 years was a happy occasion. I did not like working for them anymore.
Pros
Good training and a wide variety of opportunities
Cons
Political environment where everyone is expendable.
Great company with a real future. Lots of high tech projects in areas of myself interest. With the reinvent of IBM lots of promise to come in the near future.
Pros
great culture with intelligent people to work with
Cons
IBM is reinventing itself so a few ups and downs
IBM allows for work life balance and a very flexible schedule. You are in an environment in which you are working with some of the most talented individuals in the industry.
Pros
Collaboration, Technology, Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare, Beaucratic at times.
Worklife balance is best at IBM. IBM has the best Processes in the IT industry. And lot of technology which at times is not saleable to small size projects.
Pros
IBM processes are best
Cons
Not all Mgmt. Are approachable
IBM is a good company to work for. They have excellent education program and facilities, bleeding edge technologies and innovations. But they try to keep everything around average whether the salaries, the work environment, promotions take long time ....
Good program Management roles are run in the teams. The working is relaxed and slow-paced, there are fewer opportunities for innovation and creative endeavor, However, the management and teams are professional.
Great company, you get recognition and opportunity to innovate. Learning opportunities give great value to moving forward. I would highly re commend IBM to any one.
I've been happy working with IBM for the past 10 years. There are plenty of demands and challenges that will bring out your best. The people care about one another and managers are trained to look out for their people.
Good Place to work and get your aspirations aligned Culture is good and open minded majority of the management decisions are done at bangalore facility
Focus remains achieving quarterly revenue targets. Opportunity to learn is there if the employee is willing to pursue, don’t expect management direction or assistance to attain career goals.
I possess 24+ years of experience in providing Information Technology solutions across various industries with expertise in process automation, data analytics, data migration and custom software development.
There is no real work life balance in IBM. Depending on your program/project, management can be very shady and non supportive. I personally would not recommend my friends to work there. It is a gamble who you could get as a manager and I have seen so much back stabbing and lack of motivation.
Great work life balance, and you will find yourself surrounded by smart, passionate people. The culture of the company will depend on which business unit you end up in. Very mixed bag due to the sheer size of IBM.
Great flexibility and managers give their team power to make decisions and lead strategic initiatives. Would recommend IBM to friends and family as a great place to work.
Overall a good learning experience. Good environment to work on on. Enough flexibility to take up the tasks for better execution. Decision making is appreciated and taken up positively.
Good company to work for if you like traveling Your will an opportunity to learn new skills Meet a lot of talented resources. Your need to work very smart.
I worked for IBM my entire career until I was retired. It was a great company to work for. Expect to work hard. Team building mentality and environment. Lot of opportunity to work from home.